whats the difference between a christian and a schizophrenic

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by smoketheherb, Aug 21, 2003.

1. cause it seems like christianity fosters schizophrenia by using history to mind fuk people, getting them to believe crazy sheet. you know, believe sheet that cant be proven and people saying theyve seen God or hear Gods voice, that sounds like schizophrenia to me. it seems that thats what christianity does to people

schizophrenia defined

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=schizophrenia

2. First off, shouldn't this be in religion or philisophy or whatever we have here in GC? Religion is a good thing that makes people follow a good path. If everyone in the world took religion very seriously just imagine how much less violence etc there would be.

What would the difference between Christianity and any other religion be in this case????

Edit: Are you trying to say Christians have a mental illness? I'm a peacful guy most of the time, but STFU.

3. Yeah that voice ain't god, it's really the voice you were TOLD that god would use, so you hear it out of expectation cause ya believe what they told ya.

Peace

4. Genesis 1:12

"God has given us all the seedbearing plants on earth to use."

I bet Christians aren't so bad anymore eh?

5. well, religions like Buddhism, Taoism, and others help people end there suffering by getting rid of there egos. unlike C or Judaism or Islam. unless you get into Sufism.

6. well the bible was written by who, for all you know it was crack heads.

funny we are sinners but we are believeing the SINNERS to know the truth, which the bible says its the truth, which for all we know was written by crack heads.

7. i dont like this quote, atleast when its used to advocate weed.

the hole bible is full of crap like that that could be taken to mean a million things.

does that mean i could take all the poisonous plants in the world and feed them to little children?

just cuz god says somethings cool doesnt mean its alright to do. when it comes down to it, man is the bottom line. man tells whether or not something is illegal. its up to man.

8. and ask a christian about the verse about seed bearing, they will say it is clarified in another verse, but theres no prof that your to use verse b to understand verse a.

9. (Edited *RMJL) I'm not even a devout christian but I will defend it in this case.

The point of Christianity is to follow simple rules that lead you to a better life, full of virtues instead of vices. You just can't handle that type of life so you try to make it sound rediculous. What percentage of Christians actually say they saw God or talked to him? Probably less than 1 percent.

Most followers of religion aren't 100% sure about what is the 'correct' religion. Who's to say that buddhism and Taoism are any better? Certainly not you!

10. Obviously NOT. Supposedly God gave us Free Will, and with this we should decide the proper uses for plants ourselves.

11. Belief in god (in one form or another) has caused more death and destruction, wars, persecution, and has mentally enslaved damn near the entire world.

And obliviot, yer damn straight, it's about they hypocracy of people who supposedly preach forgiveness and tolerance who seem to be the least tolerant and forgiving.

Waht if we could all come to the realization that we are here as living things and that we all have the same thing, life, which can be interpreted in 1000 different names of god, yet remain all one in the same?

What if we stopped fighting long enough to realize that allah is god is jah is XXX and all of that is something that we percieve our own life and existence to be, and instead of celebrating our creator as a being, we celebrate the gift of life and consciousness itself?

Peace

12. "(Edited *RMJL) I'm not even a devout christian but I will defend it in this case.

The point of Christianity is to follow simple rules that lead you to a better life, full of virtues instead of vices. You just can't handle that type of life so you try to make it sound rediculous. What percentage of Christians actually say they saw God or talked to him? Probably less than 1 percent.

Most followers of religion aren't 100% sure about what is the 'correct' religion. Who's to say that buddhism and Taoism are any better? Certainly not you!"

thats bs, its about having a relationshiop with Christ and making sure you are saved and go to heaven.

ive listen to the "The Bible Answer Man" for months and months, its a joke, it doesnt hold up www.equip.org

13. schizophrenia cant always be treated with drugs, but it can help due to the chemical balances. the funny thing is that people who meditate alter the brains too, and street drug users too. i think this stuff is all connected.

Joseph Campbell called schizphrenics a person who cant move between the two mind states like a shaman can, calling a schizo.. a potental shaman in cultures that practice shamanism.

14. Well, concerning Christianity, I do remember the whole thou shall not murder. I thought other religions had similar laws. I'm no expert on religion but I believe many of those wars/conflicts you mentioned are happening b/c normal people take religion and use it to their advantage to get people on their side. If they took it more 'seriously' they would see the point of religion is to remain peaceful.

I mean you think that whole 72 virgins thing was in the original Qur'an? I think not.

Hey Dave Mustaine dosn't understand it. Why should we have to.

15. and also, you said you saw God while on acid, does that matter much, does that prove God is real or does it prove that being exposed to christianity can alter what types of exp. people can have, if you were never exposed to C and were raised as a Buddhist, would you have see the Buddha when you took acid. and i didnt mean that no one lies about other types of history, about politics etc.

16. I thought Buddhism had no Gods? I could be mistaken though.

17. it doesnt, the Buddha isnt a God/god, Buddha is the title name of a person who has acheived enlightenment and/or is the title name of the founder of Buddhism, Siddhartha Gautama aka the Buddha.

18. a Misinterpreted religion.