What's the difference between a bong and a shotty?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by bingtidy, Mar 27, 2016.

  1. I have heard a bunch different ideas from friends about this some say you can't pull a bong threw you just have cream it then throw it away, some say it's bongs are glass or ceramic and shotty's are plastic and some say it is just a different word for the same thing.

    If anyone knows or just has any other ideas about this please let me know.

    Thank you for all your answers.

    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I've never heard of a shotty. I'd call it a bong so long as it isn't just a pipe.:love-m3j:
  3. Shotty sounds like some stupid ass name your friends came up with or heard somewhere. A bong's a bong. They're pretty cut and dried. They come in glass, acrylic (plastic), metal, wood, ceramic, etc. You put water in, you put weed in a different part, you inhale the burning weed through the water, it makes the bong noise, Bob's your motherfucking uncle. Sounds like you've got things pretty well nailed down, it's your friends trying to make up all kinds of hipster shit. I'd just ignore it. One day they'll bring that argument to the wrong person and will get schooled on it.
  4. I know my friends didn't come up with shotty's because I have heard the term in towns all over Britain but I suppose it could just be a British thing and if it is then it probably is just another word for bong.
    So thank you guys

    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app
  5. Oh, you're British. That makes a difference. Your friends are still wrong though. A shotty refers to a home made bong, also called a shotty bottle.
  6. That makes sense I guess thx

    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Share This Page