Whats the deal ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Davy Jones, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Still working on my first plant, she's a beauty, its over 3 weeks into flowering...except there's no flowering occuring. I let it get pretty big before I put it under 12/12, it vegged under 400w hps, now its been under a 1000w hps since putting in on the 12/12 light schedule. Eveythime I think I'm seeing some bud development, it just turns out to be new growth. I have been giving it Bloom nutes, I know it takes a while...but shouldnt I see something by now?
    Its frustrating, the plant is georgeous, its an extremely bushy plant, I started it out on CFL's super close to kinda keep it stumpy & thick, Topped & fimmed...that was a huge success, she branced out all over the place, if this thing ever buds its going to be terrific. Anybody ever had a plant not bud? it just dont seem possible not to bud when the lights are on schedule. It has however been growing like mad since its been on a 12/12 under that 1000w hps, thats all fine & dandy, but if it keeps growing without buds it gonna run me out & I'm going to have to just toss it & start over, or plant it outside somewhere, I see no reason to care so much for a bunch of leaves LOL.

Any ideas on whats going on? I could sure use some advice on this deal.

Thanks

2. I had the same problem before, Sometimes it takes a while. I have plants that just started flowering after 4 weeks of 12/12. Depends on the strain bro. Try taking away their light period for one shift so they get 36 hrs. total dark period before the lits go back on. It tends to kick them into flowering mode.

BTW, if this is ur first grow, and you have only one plant that you spent alot of time on, I'm hoping for your sake its a pure female.

Good luck

:):):)

3. Thanks man, it is a female, its a bag seed grow, it has the pistils with airs & everything, no pollen sacks or any sign of. I checked it with the magnifying glass a minute ago, I'm seeing pistil's growing through the new growth, where as before it was just new leaves forming, maybe that a good sign.

I have some clones growing as well, one of which I'm trying to decide on a mother. Much more will be coming in the next few weeks, my buddy is moving, & he had quite a nursery lol. He wanted me to throw my first grow out to make room for his plants, (which will be mine) buds or not, its my first grow & its kinda sentimental to me. I'm going to just let her do her thing. But I will do the 36hr dark period, couldnt hurt anything.

Thanks again dude...

4. how dark is your room? Any substantial light leaks?
    what are the NPK numbers of the ferts your giving it?
    also how long did you veg it before flowering?

5. I'm %100 sure its a good bit less than moonlite, I cant be sure its totaly dark though.

I'm using FoxFarm stuff - Big Bloom 0.01-0.3-0.7 - TigerBloom 2-8-4, it seems kinda week, but I'm using MG soil so I didnt want to over fert, plus I have had great success with FF stuff with other things.

I vegged it for more than a month

Thanks AugustW

6. my last plant did not flower for 6weeks,it was female it had pistils everywhere but there was no bud development.i think it was caused by light leaks so check yer grow area.

7. There is one little vent hole at the bottom of the shed I'm growing in, there certainly could be some light coming through there, but it would be very very little. The lights go off at 8:00pm & back on at 8:00am, so the lights are never off during sunlite hours.

I'm hoping its just slow budding.