Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's the deal with rollers?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jokoman, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Hey guys. I know how to roll a joint but I just recently bought a roller and I have to say that it is much easier. The only thing with it is it's thinner and I can't make a fat joint. But do pot heads really have that bad image towards it? I mean, I have seen people say that it's for losers and for those without skill. What do you guys think about rollers? I don't think they're that bad.

2. How do you use one? I've used one of those ones that slides into a pre-made tube, but I've never actually used a roller or seen one used. I've always rolled my cigarettes/joints by hand (with many mistakes).

3. I bought the normal one where you open the roller put the weed close it roll it once put the paper lick it roll it once roll it twice and voila. You have your joint.

4. [quote name='"Jokoman"']I bought the normal one where you open the roller put the weed close it roll it once put the paper lick it roll it once roll it twice and voila. You have your joint.[/quote]

I bought this same type of roller, it works like a charm. :smoke: The people bashing them just don't understand personal preference. They may be able to roll by hand, but I can't. Therefore I have good use of this roller.

5. I use mine weekly. I have hand tremors (really shaky hands) so I just can't roll a joint. I try and weed flies everywhere. I love mine, some people might give ya shit for it but you can give them shit for fucking up their hand rolled joints. As long as it gets ya nice and medicated.

6. The roller I have is for king-size, I can't roll those fuckers to save my life. Don't need a regular sized roller, can just roll my own.
    I agree it is faster but I don't smoke js all the time either anymore.
    And I think some people just hate on them just because they can't use them Haha.

7. Im 20 and o use a roller due to hand tremors as well, i use to be able to roll freehand but when you roll with quality its expensive and i would drop good weed everywhere. So i just use my zig zag roller, im really good at using them and to solve the skinny j prob just put more weed in. A tip i use to get the perfect "cig" size is before inserting the paper just open the roller carefully after rolling it a few times and you will see the weed and how big your j will be once you insert a paper. Too small? No prob. Leep adding and checking until you reached desired size without wasting a whole joint or paper:) then once youve addes a papee take the j out and scrape a lil bit of weed out of each end so you can give each side a twist so weed doesnt fall every where.

8. I can roll good joints so I don't need one but I don't make fun of people that do... Haha

9. Nifty. I guess I never realized that they opened up. :eek: The things you learn, even after smoking all day, every day for years and years. :smoke:

10. People who are against rollers probably see rolling as an art form, sometimes you just want the uniform look and sometimes you want a hand rolled. everyones got their preference :smoking:

11. I prefer rolling by hand. First reason is the shape and length you can roll is limited to the roller you have. I prefer being able to decide how long or fat a joint will be. For me I also find the act of rolling somewhat calming and almost therapeutic, not to mention the satisfaction of rolling a nice joint and then smoking it knowing you rolled by hand :)

12. i'd probably get one if i were to walk past a shop and see it at first glance but im too lazy to just buy one now. I roll my spliffs they aren't always perfect but they are smokeable and always loaded :)

13. I just recently used a roller for the first time and it was the best joint i have ever smoked. It was absolutely perfect

14. I've used rollers a long time. They come in various lengths and widths. You can definitely roll a fatty with one. They work great with kind bud, but it's very easy to roll mids and regs too tight with one.

15. i've never used a roller. They seem harder almost

16. #16 Doobie J, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
    I have a real basic one but i love the thing it pearls perfect every time and I've actually rolled some fatties with it nothing to crazy like .6 but that was about to break the roller :smoke:

[​IMG]

looks just like this ^^ mine is stretched out though:D