Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's the deal with Hookahs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SkeletonMan, Mar 24, 2011.

1. My friend has invited me to hers to tomorrow for a toke on one. I have checked through the other threads and they contain contrasting opinions.

I am not looking to smoke the shisha. Just loading straight bud. Is it just a waste of weed? Would I be better just getting the pipe or bong out?

2. i'd imagine a hookah would burn about 2g's in 5 minutes, as the heat is always on, the bowls are massive, and they are designed for a moist (more so than sticky green...) tobacco/molasses mixture. best stick to the bong.

3. smoke the sisha shit is so good.

4. In my experience, hookah isn't too great for getting high. I tried with two other friends and it didn't work that well (I've smoked hookah for a while, too, so I know I prepared it correctly). Smoking shisha (hookah tobacco) is pretty fun though.

5. I have a few hookahs and they are primarily tobacco use only. This way I dont have to worry about paraphernalia (at least if it was lab tested). You can smoke weed out of them, but I think the best method is mixing it with the hookah tobacco, and then smoking normally, or even mixing concentrates or oils into the shisha works too. Normally you use coals to heat it up, and it is an indirect heat that is made to vaporize the glycerine/molasses in the tobacco and sometimes burns the tobacco. But I consider it more a method of vaporization rather than lighting because it does not combust, and if it does your doing it wrong lol.

But if you are so inclined to smoke just weed, then go all out and pack a few grams into one of those bowls and just keep lighting the top with a lighter or something and just smoke through that. I would stick to pure glass when it comes to my herb though.

6. Thanks, prob just stick to the bong.

7. Dont smoke straight weed out of it. Grind the weed up very finely and mix it into the sisha with your hands until it is evenly dispersed. Then smoke it.

8. Stick a bong slide up top where the bowl goes and pack that shit imo it doesnt get me all that high i have a hookah and as much as I love weed i also love chillin with a hookah full of some tasty shisha

9. You can always drain the molasses from some shisha and mix it with herb but in general, eh, leave the hookah to shisha and herb to other means...

10. I have a buddy who has a 4 hose hookah, we loaded the bowl with 1.5 g's of ground up sticky dank, then put some mint chocolate ice cream shisha on top. Once the coal was on top and we were hitting it, it lasted for at least 15 minutes. The bud didn't turn to ash until at least 20 minutes later. Do it!

11. I took the tobacco molasses drained them with water and dried it.placed some near the roach end of the joint and filled the rest of the joint with weed.
    smoked that shit.....could take very very big tokes from bong and the smoke was flavoured with the mixed fruit taste.tasted like having a hookah

12. [quote name='"sambha"']I took the tobacco molasses drained them with water and dried it.placed some near the roach end of the joint and filled the rest of the joint with weed.
    smoked that shit.....could take very very big tokes from bong and the smoke was flavoured with the mixed fruit taste.tasted like having a hookah[/quote]

How many times are you going to post this exact thing?