Whats the closest alternative we have for space travel besides fuel/chemical reactions?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by WoodHouse, Feb 3, 2014.

1. all that and then some, although not necessarily any of those. it can and will come in many flavors.

2. okay. but what you said was in that sense, yes?

3. along those lines yeah. i realize there are people like project2045 trying to get the ball rolling, but i think theirs and most other futurists estimates are underestimating the difficulties.

i think we would be better off trying to go posthuman first, try and turn us close to immortal and indestructable so we can more easily explore the cosmos

4. that would be necessary. adapt the natural properties of say, a tardagrade.

5. #45 Nerd139, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    Oops posted in wrong thread

I dont know if anyone is interested in what I wrote but is is about bonsai ree

6. Where is the line drawn? We already have thay stuff!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Alternative fuels, known as non-conventional or advanced fuels, are any materials or substances that can be used as fuels, other than conventional fuels. Conventional fuels include: fossil fuels (petroleum (oil), coal, propane, and natural gas), as well as nuclear materials such as uranium and thorium, as well as artificial radioisotope fuels that are made in nuclear reactors.
    Some well-known alternative fuels include biodiesel, bioalcohol (methanol, ethanol, butanol), chemically stored electricity (batteries and fuel cells), hydrogen, non-fossil methane, non-fossil natural gas, vegetable oil, and other biomass sources.

8. Bob Lazar is a man who claims he previously worked for the government at S4 near Area 51. He came out and exposed all that he "knew" on what went on at the base. His claims are interesting and give us insight on other intergalactic travel methods. I personally believe him but there is enough controversy to make some skeptical. Give it a listen anyway, he talks about the island of stability being an isotope of element 115. This can be used to create pure energy. Watch the video, it's interesting enough to keep your attention for the full 45 mins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igUMDICqTpQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Alternative fuels, known as non-conventional or advanced fuels, are any materials or substances that can be used as fuels, other than conventional fuels. Conventional fuels include: fossil fuels (petroleum (oil), coal, propane, and natural gas), as well as nuclear materials such as uranium and thorium, as well as artificial radioisotope fuels that are made in nuclear reactors.
    Some well-known alternative fuels include biodiesel, bioalcohol (methanol, ethanol, butanol), chemically stored electricity (batteries and fuel cells), hydrogen, non-fossil methane, non-fossil natural gas, vegetable oil, and other biomass sources.

10. “We already have the means to
    travel among the stars, but these
    technologies are locked up in black
    projects. It would take an Act of
    God to ever get them out to benefit
    humanity. Anything you can
    imagine, we already know how to
    do. We have the technology to take
    ET home” - Ben Rich, Second
    Director of Lockheed's Skunk
    Works.

Consider that in conjunction with the DoD's admission (the day before 9-11-01 no less) that they could not account for 2.6 TRILLION dollars in transactions. http://www.defense.gov/speeches/speech.aspx?speechid=408

How much more they spent that IS accounted for I have no idea. The key may be "travel amongst the stars". Note he said stars (plural) and according to accepted theories the nearest star (aside from the Sun) is over 4 light years away. But he didn't say we can travel to Alpha Centauri he said we could travel amongst the stars. The technology used, i have no information concerning that, but it seems it would necessarily require light speed or faster than light perhaps even time travel or hyperdimentional travel, that is open to speculation. I can't imagine how you could dump multi-trillions into advanced research and not have technology that embarrasses mainstream technology. That is just my opinion. Why would they keep such technology hidden? It seems to me the energy/technology to accomplish such feats would be terrifying were it in the wrong hands. It would be beautiful if we could get along here on earth and set our resources and focus on exploring the galaxy if not the universe. In summation, something quite exotic would be required, battling Newtons 'Laws' won't do the trick either.

11. Idk, but once we find that out, we have to find out how to not run into objects while preforming space travel at an efficient speed.

Do believe this dude is a hoaxer. He couldn't name any of his professors he had and couldn't find any records of him attending graduate school or any students/professors that could remember him. No evidence at all, also seen numerous websites pointing out flaws in his explanations. 

13. I wouldn't doubt it but his story of how these crafts work is pretty cool. It shows us how little we know about the universe and why we shouldn't limit technology or just assume we will never travel across the universe.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

This is a bigger problem than travelling that fast, at half light speed etc a grain of space dust would rip any present made space exploration vehicle to shreds 

15. pure energy huh? what a nonsensical thing. is there any energy that isnt pure?

16.  You answered your own question ;) 

Through a crazy set of circumstances, I had once visualized the space-time fabric..for several days..straight talk. I began to realize THIS Universe is like it's encapsulated inside an 'egg'..stretch it and breaks through to another dimension. Nothing new I guess-but this is before I knew about such things.

*Yes, no this is not a certified scientific observation, but shit happens.

17. Grab couple of Stephen Hawking time travel tickets . Its buy one get one free.

18. This is a common misconception of evolution. Evolution can occur over just a few generations and therefore in a short period. There needs to be a condition of survival, so that individuals with a specific trait reproduce more frequently than the individuals without that trait.

The next step in human evolution may not be far off with all the new research and technology into gene selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app