Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's the big deal?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by 420boxing, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Seriously, I've heard a lot of hype about edibles so I decided to try one last night. It takes forever to start feeling anything and when I felt it, I didn't get nearly the same head high as I get when smoking.

Everyone I see says you get SO much higher with edibles but I didn't notice a significant high at all.

2. You likely did not get a good/strong one. :smoke:

3. maybe, but people were talking like any edible will get you completely stoned, way more so than smoking will. I've heard people saying you can put shitty mids in and still get really high.

The person I got the edible from is from the same group of people that I usually get my weed from, which is all high grade.

4. Edibles range from shit edibles like the one you ate obviously, all the way to making a 25year veteran cannabis user puke on the front lawn over and over from being way too "high" (lol my buddy last week). It takes about 3 grams in my opinion to make a firecracker and if I make some brownies i use minimum of half O but normally more like an ounce. Trust me when I tell you that your first experience was less than thrilling because it was a bad edible, if it was good you would have been ripped.

5. Id does not matter if you put an ounce of high grade into something, if you do not prepare if properly, it wont get you high.

Shit edible likely, i've had plenty that just sucked (store bought), and i've had plenty that were great (Home made) .

6. #6 evilgnome, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
    Id does not matter if you put an ounce of high grade into something, if you do not prepare if properly, it wont get you high.

Shit edible likely, i've had plenty that just sucked (store bought), and i've had plenty that were great (Home made)

What they said

ALL edible are NOT the same
    It maters who makes them how they make them & what they make them with & how much

I've had ones that you can't taste anything in
    &
    I've had ones that the smell alone would knock a 1st timer on their ass for hours / LOL

The bros who know know what I'm taking about

Think of it like great hash vs shit hash

7. Another question, do edibles mostly give a body high,over a head high?

And, ok, I may have gotten a bad one, but I still can't imagine edibles getting me any more stoned than the weed I normally smoke does.

8. Kind of hard to compare eating & smoking
    It's really not the same kind of high
    Ingesting is way more of a body high
    IMO

9. I guess that's why I didn't like it as much. I smoke for a head high mostly and then a body high. I don't think I'll be trying edibles again.

10. ok so i make edibles.. chocolate mostly and i have found that i need to have several different types and potency. i make edibles that have only a food based oil extract similar to "canna butter" but i use cocoa butter or coconut oil rather then dairy butter which i find to be too unstable and too perishable. this type of extract is very mild and will not do much for seasoned smokers, it is used mostly by glaucoma patients and anxiety patients who want to have minimal functionality impairment or people with a very low tolerance. this is probably the type of edible you ate.

Next type i make with hash oil

then with hash

the most important thing is to never heat it above ... well i never go above 275 degrees f but at 375 the medicinal property is destroyed

11. smoking different from edible, I think. Maybe I did not understand it perfectly.

12. Yeah, so, it just seems like a whole lot of extra work for no reason. It doesn't even get you higher, for real. And, what up from China lol

13. Edibles are actually the more powerful, and more efficient method of using herb... but only when made properly ;)

Ediblce cannabis has the potential to be much more powerful than smoking the same amount. But whether it's more of a head, or a body high, it's all in the amount of activation and how well you promote bioavailability. :) If you want it headier, you will want to activate or decarb slightly less, but promote bioavailability for longer, at a more gentle temperature in oil to avoid further activation, while still breaking down that glandular material in order to promote absorption.. for the body effects, well decarbed material is required, and slightly less material will be needed per dose. :)