What's the Best way to stop smoking cigarettes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Petho1, Nov 26, 2009.

1. What's the Best way to stop smoking cigarettes?

2. Cold turkey.

Happy thanksgiving.

3. I know more people who have quit smoking after reading this, then every other quitting method combined. I could go on a longer tangent, but I would sound like a sales person. But seriously, it works. It's only $10 and you can smoke while you read it, so you're out nothing if it doesn't work. Check out the reviews

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smoking-Non-Smokers/dp/1402718616/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259244366&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: The Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Join the Millions Who Have Become Non-Smokers Using Allen Carr's Easyway Method (0749725586160): Allen Carr: Books[/ame]

4. I switched to dip and those little snus things from camel, slowly working my cravings down and it's working pretty well. I suggest cold turkey though, just so your not tempted you know

5. ive never felt the need for a cigarette...i smoke cigarettes occasionally but if i dont have any...i just dont have any...its a mental thing dude...i havent smoked a cig in like...4 days...i wouldnt mind having one but its whatever ya know? just smoke weed and get so high you forgot you wanted a cigarette...

6. Now i need a cigar. Thanks guys :eek:

7. just dont buy another pack, its not so bad having the extra money to put torwards weed :smoke:

8. yeah i did the same thing it worked out

9. #10 k.smith904, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2009
    This is pretty much how it goes with me. I'll smoke a cig or two at a party, but I don't ever NEED a cigarette.

The best way to stop smoking cigarettes? Just stop smoking cigarettes.

10. the best way i have found is to not have that morning cig and youll be more hesitant the rest of the day

11. It's easy for people to say just stop smoking when they aren't addicted.

12. Not easiest way, just the best way.

13. I quit about a year ago right in the middle of smoking a cig. I was already thinking about quitting but I looked at it and said that's enough. I smoked for almost 15 years. It truly is 100% mental. If you truly want to quit, you will. If there is even a tiny part of you that still enjoys it, you won't.

I wish I could bottle up whatever switch I turned in my brain as I had no cravings whatsoever. The sight and smell of it disgusted me only after a couple days.

14. I just got to the point that I couldn't bring myself to spend anymore money on cigarettes, and that basically killed any cravings

15. lol. cold turkey.

kill everyone in the house.

you have to stop with ......

wait for it

wait

SMOKE AWAY

google it

16. Cut your face off

17. I went cold turkey. It was pretty unpleasant but frankly, when I tried to ease off them I would too easily ease right back into it. It was much easier to handle mentally when I wasn't trying to quit, but in fact had quit.

18. Its weird for me because i will smoke the entire semester i am at college and then go home and i dont want a ciggarette. went from 7-8 a day to 0 in a day

19. I don't plan on quitting cigs anytime soon (since I only smoke 1 pack every 1-2 months) but if I ever was planning on quitting, everytime I saw a cig I would just take it, walk into the bathroom, and piss on it. If you still want to smoke it after that I suggest you get some professional help :)