Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

whats the best way to scrape dust from your grinder for smoking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Sc0pe, Dec 7, 2015.

1. we all know that we get a build up of good stuff after grinding heaps, but what is the best way to get it out for smoking when its stuck to the container?

2. The corner of a credit card usually does the trick if it's not completely stuck to the grinder.

I also take that corner and scrape the perimeter of the second chamber where all the bud goes after being ground. Then hit the chambers together and watch all the kief fall out, make sure you have a piece of paper for it to fall onto so you don't lose track of it.

3. If it won't scrape up because it's too sticky I use a tiny bit of Everclear to dissolve the resin and loosen the kief then spread the stuff on papers or put on top of bud. I let the EC evaporate at the beginning after using it so it's not too liquid.

4. for kief, the little brush that comes with an electric razor is perfect

5. #5 Bonghoots4lyfe, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
    I made a little Keefer scoop out of a old hockey card I found card I cut a section half inch 1/3 inch by half inch then pinch one side to be a handle to collect it and it works perfectly tbh

6. The last grinder I bought (Phoenician) came with a guitar pick which works great

7. I don't usually get a lot at a time because I have a small grinder where you just put weed in, grind it, and the weed comes out, no extra chambers or anything, but if there's some kief I'll slam it against something one good time and scrape it off of that surface, not a good answer probably I know, just what I have to work with right now.

8. Iso wash it and evaporate it and scrape it and enjoy! lol

9. best way for me is to hit the grinder on a table a few times and get a card of some sort then sweep it of the table right into a paper with the card .

10. Yeah man exactly what I said, but also my grinder is smaller and sturdier than most.

11. using a small paper clip or metal brush to loosen the kief and then tap grinder with a hammer or something else metal to shake all the kief onto a piece of paper or a corner of your kief chamber

12. I use guitar picks and a small brush like a makeup brush. You can buy an artists brush at any art supply store.