Whats the best way to mount CFLs inside this small Sterilite Cabinet w/ power strips

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Buddy McNugs, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Hi all, I am new to the forum and working on my first grow and am trying to figure out the best, easiest, and safest way to mount my CFLs inside with power strips.  I am building out my cabinet using a Sterilite Storage Cabinet from Walmart with dimensions of 26"(W) x 18"(D) x 36"(H).  Here is a picture of my cabinet:

2.jpg

This cabinet is only being used for Veg.  I would rather not hang the CFLs since the cabinet is made of plastic and I'm not sure how well screws will hold in it.  I am thinking of doing a simple frame using PVC pipe or thin wood(1x1 or similar for legs with a 2x4 across top).  Basically I want to do legs on the left and right sides of box(at edge to minimize how much space the legs take up, then attach a beam across the top that I will hook my two power strips to for the CFLs to go in.  Basically 4 CFLs per power strip for a total of 8 CFLs in the box.  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

2. I'm interested in what you are using to grow, can you link or post more pictures of the outside so I can see the material? On my plastic box I used an exacto knife to cut and taped my power strip, I'm sure you are looking for a better way however

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Hi, sure, here is a link to what I am using at Walmart's website:  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-2-Shelf-Storage-Cabinet/8206250

Here is an image of it [​IMG] from their website. 

I think I may have found a way to mount them using a plastic shelving unit I can pick up for $15.  Was going to get wood and cut it and make a shelf for it but just found this plastic shelf that is the right dimensions.  Thanks for the advice.

4. Is the case metal? Glue magnets to the ballest of the light if so

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum