What's the BEST way to keep cool?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Lady3587, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Hey!... So...I have been hearing that to grow a healthy crop you should have your room no hotter than 80*F, and a certain amount of humidity.

I am growing in a closet that doesn't have an air vent to the room. I have two large fans going in there at all times, and the thermostat still never runs below 84*F, and can go as high as 92*F!

I dont know what the best way to keep cool and humid is. How humid should the room be to grow a healthy crop?

I thought of buying a portable small air conditioner, but realized that a feature of many of these is that it dehumidifies the air in the process which is the opposite of what I think I would need.

Main question is...What is the best way to keep a space cool enough and keep enough humidity in the air?

Any ideas? :D

2. Here's an easy way to get what you want - cost is minimal, mainly elbow grease.

If you have a central AC (which it sounds like ya do) go to the hardware store and pick up a 3 way box/splitter for AC ducting, some duct and an AC vent.

Now climb up in the attic, cut the duct near your grow room and attach the box. Attach the other side of that duct to the opposite opening... now connect your new duct to the 3rd side opening of the box.

Run that to your closet. Cut a small square in the drywall and mount the duct to the AC vent.

BAM! Now everytime your AC kicks on that closet will get a straight injection of nice cool air.

It may sound like WHOA but let me tell ya: I am NOT a handyman kinda person. Geek through and through with gadgets, code and guitars. This was easy to do, took about 30mins and it was smooth sailing from then on out.