Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Whats the best way to grind herb for edibles?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Ganjafarmer700, Feb 22, 2009.

1. When making firecrackers or brownies how do you get the herb finer then what a run through the grinder can do?

2. #2 Skeletor, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2009
    grinding it up worked fine for me, but i only had a 2 piece grind and just kept going till it got to a nice consistency, now i have to do it all by hand

OH! you could cut it up with some scissors after?

3. my cousin cooks with weed. doesnt smoke it at all. he runs it through a coffee grinder until its like flour.

4. for brownies i would make it into canna butter first. then there wont be bud pieces in the brownies

5. if you have a 4 piece grinder just use it upside down. by that i mean load the bud in and flip it so the top is on bottom. that way it won't fall through and you can just keep twistin till you get what you want.

6. shit thats a bomb idea!

7. Coffee grinders work wonders like kanibal rabbit mentioned.

8. I've used coffee grinders a lot and I have two main problems with them:

A: The plant material becomes too small to effectively strain it out of your edible.

B: A LOT of resin from the bud sticks to the side of the grinder because of the centripetal force and it's a pain in the ass trying to get it off.

But point A is moot in firecrackers and coffee grinders create a lot more surface area for THC to be dissolved into the PB so for firecrackers I'd say go for it. With brownies just use a regular grinder cause it leaves the bud a little more potent.