Whats the best way to get resin out?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by joey_hansell, Dec 3, 2013.

1. I have a glass pipe that's dirty as hell. I smoke daily and haven't cleaned it out in 3 months. There's definitely a really thick layer of resin and powdery bud that got sucked in and stuck to the resin.

I don't want to scrape it with a paper clip. Is there any other way to smoke that resin that's in there? There's a ton and I don't want to waste it.

Anyone tried soaking it in rubbing alcohol and letting that resin-y alcohol liquid evaporate and smoke what's left? Is this dumb?

2. yes, it will be disgusting and you most likely won't get high. plus you run the risk of smoking some alcohol that didn't evaporate.... just light it like you would a regular bowl and take resin hits :)

3. Your thread shows tells me you must have a lot of background in this topic. Can you direct me to other articles about this? I will recommend this article to my friends as well.

4. quit being a pussy and use a paper clip. if you're not a cheap ass and you bought yourself a spoon made of thick glass you'll be straight.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Will_Blaze, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    Use a paper clip to scrape out the big chunks of resin, then use a mixture of Isopropol alcohol and salt to get it show room clean. 

If you have a bit of common sense, it might occur to you to thoroughly rinse it out with water after you've gotten it clean to rinse out the alcohol and salt mix and any remaining resin. 

6. Wrong. I've gotten high every time I've smoked resin..

Scrape it with a paper clip until you got a fat ball of it, then pop that fucker in the pipe and smoke it.

7. I use a piece of brass rod flattened with a hammer and curved a little bit at the end.  or a paper clip

no, no, I meant don't try and extract THC from resin using alcohol.....just smoke the resin.... lol ;)

of course you get high from resin tokes!

9. Ooooooh yes of course. There's really no point in trying to make QWISO with resin lol :p

10. It does work, and can work well if done right. You can get yourself some nice golden honey oil from Rez. Search it up if you don't believe me. As for smoking the alcohol, you don't if you do it right. This is how consent rates are made... With a solvent. :)

11. that just sounds gross to me. if I'm takin' resin hits, I'm already desperate. lol