Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Whats the best way to extract all the resin out of my spoon?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Daniel420, Oct 17, 2009.

1. i know of no other way really other then heating up the resin in the bowl and scraping it, im wondering is there a way to fully extract all of it from inside my spoon?

2. Idk if just ISO would work without salt but you could try cleaning it with just ISO or rubbing alcohol and then pour the ISO onto a white plate. Let that dry for 24 hours and I would assume you would have your self all the resin from that bowl.

*let me clearly state that I know this is normally how u make hash, but using resin this would not create hash, just a more pure resin maybe?*

3. #3 Bluntman00, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2009
    Fill it with rubbing alcohol, 91% isoprophyl im pretty sure, shake it up till its clear, dump the alcohol on a plate. Then start boiling water on the stove, wait till its in a full boil then put the plate on top of the pot for about 20 minutes or until all the alcohol is evaporated out of it. You gotta make sure you give it enough time for the alcohol to evaporate or you could potentially fuck your shit up. :smoking: Some of my friends even skip the boiling water part, they just burn the alcohol off the resin, but i think you get more of the alcohol out by letting it evaporate so thats how i go about it.

EDIT: Its alot easier to get the resin out if you heat the pipe up first, just dry hit it a few times and then do it. I wouldnt fuck with salt though, nobody wants salty resin.

4. Correct me if im wrong but igniting the ISO sounds like a horrible idea that would leave you without a home. ISO+Fire=bad

Boiling water might work but I think I read somewhere that if you use heat to dry it it doesn't work as well or something. I would just suggest drying it out with a fan for 24 hours. That seems easy enough and wouldn't cause any potential danger.

5. well i think ill just let it dry out because i cant have my house smelling like resin and im guessing that might happen, so ill probably just let it sit out for 24 hours

thanks a lot guys:smoking:

6. ^^^^ Well ive seen my friends use a lighter to burn off the plate before, i mean aslong as you have half a brain it shouldnt be too hard to contain a small flame :rolleyes:.

And uh, in defense of boiling water to evaporate the alcohol, ive used this many times for hash and to clean pipes and aslong as you give it enough time it will get all the alcohol out of the resin. Plus if you think its sketchy still just take it off the pot and throw it on a heating pad for an hour.