Whats the best way to clean a bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by buddha_smoker420, Apr 8, 2014.

1. I want to know what to use and what not to use to clean your bong. What products do you use to clean your bong/pipe/bubbler. Thanks!

Marty

2. Salt and iso alcohol.

3. 91 percent is best, I've never been able to find 99% iso

4. You'll probably get a myriad of answers but yes ISO and salt works pretty well.  I used to clean my bong using ISO, but I now use Grunge Off.  You can reuse it and there's no shaking involved....broken a bowl of two doing that.  It just sits and soaks...then you rinse with warm water. 

5. Grunge off or simple green

Both you just soak it and then rinse.  I've used iso and salt for over 10 years, now that i tried grunge off, I'm done with iso and salt.  it plain sucks, your hands get dehydrated from the alcohol, you get sticky crap everywhere, and I don't like to shake my glass a bunch cause you risk breakage.  I used to recommend iso and salt too, cause most of these cleaning products were essentially alcohol and an abrasive plus color and odor.  But grunge off is different, it's lipid based.

This morning I wanted to clean my fab egg and MS klein.  Dumped them out in the sink, rinse a few times with warm water, put a stopper in each piece and filled it with grunge off.  Rinse my hands off and I went to work (5minutes total time).  When I get home, I'll dump out the grunge off, rinse and be done (another few minutes).

I keep iso around for first wash on a new piece or when I buy a used piece in order to sterilize it.

I'm going to try simple green next cause it's cheaper than grunge off and it's recommended by Marble Slinger and Zac P....no really, the door man at front st gallery is good friends with those guys and JAG, he told me he asked them once and they told him to use simple green.

6. High potency alcohol and salt like everyone says works pretty good, and by alcohol its not the drinking kind but the poison flammable kind that works best, just put it in and shake

7. cascade dish detergent and hot water, let it soak overnight. Next morning the stuff sluffs off and comes out crystal clean.