whats the best way to break an old piece?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by danield00m, Nov 20, 2009.

1. #21 biG_Green, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
    clean it and sell it? if your against making a profit give it away. why in the hell would you break a peice?

edit: Sorry ha didn't read the thread, just read way to BREAK piece i flipped. Give it to the youngest stoner you no, its kind off a tradition between me and my friends

2. this thread is fail. if you dont want the piece, give it away, throw it out, break it. no need to start a thread about it.

3. Heres how I clean mine, it's pretty easy.
    Get a ziplock bag
    Pour in the iso, just filling about an inch of the bottom.
    Add salt, like half the amount as the alcohol.
    Then put the pipe in, seal the bag, and shake it good until its clean.
    Rinse and its like new again

4. firecracker in the bowl ^-^ *boom*

5. If you do still want to break it do what ^this guy says^ at least that way it would be somewhat enjoyable for a group of people, plus you could see who got the most shards blown into their body. Sounds like a fun time to me, haha.

6. Try using this.

[​IMG]

7. If it's as clogged up with resin as you say, I'd scrape off as much resin as I could and save that. Then put the piece in a bag with some iso but WITHOUT salt. Shake it back and forth a while, let it sit, shake it again, let it sit, until you think you've gotten it as clean as it will get. Take it out and see if you can scrape any more from it. Pour the used iso from the bag out onto a plate where it can evaporate from, then scrape the resin off the plate. Combine it with the initial resin, and roll a nice resin ball and smoke it. Resin is actually quite enjoyable in my opinion.
    Then hold onto your trusty old pipe for memories, or hand it down to another smoker.

8. this is also a good idea, but if you dont insist on keeping the resin then use salt. It would be faster is all im saying ;)
    still, resin can be a real life saver! Its saved my ass countless times. i would recommend you keep it!

well, time to reload the bong

9. If I was going to break a piece it would be either out with a big bang, like a mortar in a bong or something.. Or I would just go to nature and smash it near a tree and cover in dirt.. Knock on wood :D
    I can see what you were saying about breaking it due to the resin build-up.. Yes its a good idea if its a really cheap handpipe and a hell of a lot of resin in there... If you want to take the time you could easily scrape 60-95% of the resin out of it,. Or soak your peice in Isopropyl alcohol and pour into plate, let plate evaporate naturally (e.g. sunlight) for a nice big resssin ball.. Do not heat plate by a hotter heating source you can find around the house... This will cause it to be very fused to the plate, and crumbly that's not good.... Hope you find out what you think is best, time/cost/and memorabilia wise.. later cuz

10. ^^ Yep it super clogged just soak it for hours and change the ISO out ever other bath, adding salt will help break it up when you shake it in the bag. Seriously dont break it and where is a pic

11. Lol I'm with everyone else here. If you don't want it, give it away to someone you think should have it. Let another stoner add to the stories it holds. I know that's what I'm going to do if I ever have a piece (pipe or not) that I for some reason don't want anymore.

12. Never break stuff on purpose. Just give it a good clean.

13. Save it for sure... the only reason I would ever purposely destroy a piece is if it was already fucked up... I have a 2 footer that's been broken 6 times, but I keep repairing it with JB welt (I'm very, very handy, and only the stem has been breaking). When I move, I don't want to take this hideous thing with me, so I'll drop a mortar down it, it has an ice catcher :D

Then I'll buy a bong that isn't so... Frankenstein.

14. Wut? :confused::confused:

15. Just send it to me I'll "break it" :smoke: