what's the best water PPM for the Flora Series nutrients?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by lrfowler, Aug 9, 2020.

1. what's the best water-nutrient PPM for the General Hydroponics Flora Series nutrients in for example a 50 gallon recirculating water setup?......with good lights...not the best expensive lights ...but good lights...in a 6 foot x 4 foot area?

2. hello grower,
    based on my experience. mix to the recommended rate on the label. I use another well known brand, but that does not matter. I follow the rates for the different growth periods. following is a list of my PPM for those are:

rooted clone 500 ppm
    week 1 veg 840
    week 3 veg 1000
    week 1 bloom 1150
    week 6 bloom 1250
    and so on until flush

really should not go higher than 1250 ppm, comes pushing can turn to tragedy.

I bloom in a 4'x8' space on a scrog trellis 4'x5.5' under 2 400wt lights. my reservoir is 10 gallons. 50 gallons might be to much and nutrient is not cheep.
    let me know if you need anything else.

3. thanks for that info.......well....I use a recirculating Deep water culture setup.....I have an 8 gallon reservoir to (6) 8-gallon containers....so they're never completely full... so I'm thinking (7) containers x (8) gallons = 56 gallons.....or....50 gallons recirculating all the time....I've been growing the seedlings since April 25..... the plants got a haircut today..they have long stems...maybe my light is not too good.,,,,,my water PPM is 1600. weed3.jpg

4. I take that you are planning for your next upgrade. its good to plan for the better, the easier. Under standing PPM is one of the many elements one must understand in order to have consistent success. there are other disciplines that are important also. would you like to have a dialog regarding the photo that you posted? I may be able to make some suggestions that will help you have a prettier plant at this stage that what you posted.
    it would start with me asking you a few basic questions and then you would reply and so on.

Pruning and training are as important as nutrient management.With some simple techniques and patience your next plant could look like this. Thats one plant on a SQROG measuring 4' x 3'. one plant pinched the central tip in veg. and trained to the net to make a even and level canopy of flowers. 30 days into bloom.
    pastedGraphic.png.png

This photo shows the lower branch network of the same plant. the 8 branches support the entire flower canopy that you see in the first photo.
    pastedGraphic.png.png

it doesn't matter that your are doing different hydro than me. The fundamentals are the same.
    let me know.

5. hello bluegreen ..thanks for replying...yes ..this is my first time doing hydro....i'm not real good in soil either...hahaha.
    #1 -why are the stems so long?
    #2 - best PPM during flowering?
    #3- is that a current pic?....so flowering started ...and then the pic is 30 days after flower start?
    #4 - suggestions ??? weed.jpg before
    weed3.jpg
    after

6. Looks like you allowed way too much parasitic growth.

Trim early and get the plant down to three or four sturdy stalks and trim away the small ones.

As for water, go with R/O (IMO) if you can.

7. parisitic growth ? ..parasites?

8. Parasitic growth = growth on the plant that isn't going to contribute and actually takes resources that the plant can use elsewhere. Get a "few" big buds instead of a bunch of little crap all over.

• Like Like x 2