Whats the best vaporizer for me?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by StoneyBaloney777, May 4, 2015.

1. #1 StoneyBaloney777, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    I currently own a mflb with powerex 2700 batteries but I am looking to upgrade to something that can create better consistent clouds everytime without the hassle of charging / storing batteries, I like the idea of having a vaporizer for on the go and after all I enjoy vaping more than I do with combustion.

What's a good vaporizer for me? On the go, mostly in vehicle use, or should I just get the PA for my mflb and try that out?

I have a line on a buddy selling his davinci ascent for $100 I entertained the idea but just doing some research and most would not buy again for the ascent. How would something like the ascent compare to arizer solo or even compare to the mflb? Firefly?

2. #2 r r, May 4, 2015
    Not a mobile vap but the Volcano is the bomb. Of course it does come with a $550 price tag...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Personally I agree with you that the magic flight box is a bit weak, more for a beginner. Also, I owned davinci ascent and am not a fan. I beleive you'd get the most use out of a pax ploom. One because it works nice and always produces thick clouds with ease. Second you can use it with one hand, turn on and off with a click and no other buttons to deal with. It's very portable and works with ease.

Sent from my iPhone usi

I'm FAR from a beginner and I love my MFLB.   Use it primarily for maintenance hits.

5. Check out the Arizer Air. I love mine for portability, ease of use, and it's vapor bong capabilities.

I'm sure the solo is just as nice too.

6. #7 lwien, May 4, 2015

If you want a portable but don't want to charge batteries, that leaves you with butane powered vaporizers so you may then want to check out the Hammer, the Alpha and the Lotus.

Or..............get the PA for the MFLB.     Makes the MFLB a totally different animal (well, not totally, but enough to get one)

7. I owned one first when they came out, I think what happened was the batteries ran the cycle of life because the hits ended up very weak, I couldn't turn it brown haha, im sure that's just the batteries though. I always thought id be a fun project to build your own, there are a lot of diy guides out there

Sent from my iPhone usi

8. #9 tiaotiaopi, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  9. g pens aren't designed to be used with weed haha I thought that a couple years ago too, until oils became popular here in ny. It's used for oil only, never buds! And it works pretty damn good with oil

Sent from my iPhone usi

10. #12 StoneyBaloney777, May 6, 2015
    It's not that I don't like charging a battery, but the on the go taking 3 batteries for the day thing gets old. Unlike my atoms jr pen the battery last forever (for oil only)

I almost bought a pax awhile back but ended up with the mflb.

I'm just looking for something with decent battery life and something you can load it up a few times a day on the same battery and use it as my main piece. Good clouds and still possibly being able to use abv for cooking after if I wanted, which is not a make or break for the vape.

I have to look further into the solo!

11. Hey....I've had a Pax for 2+ yrs and it's my work horse. I also have a MFLB and a Solo but I use the Pax. Actually I prefer my bowl [​IMG]  but I'm being "health conscious"....[​IMG]
    There's a new version of the Pax that is a good upgrade from the original. I'm also looking at the Alpha, and maybe, just maybe, the Crafty... but that's an expensive little unit. [​IMG]
    H

Being that you're considering the upper tier of portables, you may also want to look into the MiniVap.   It too is pretty expensive though.

13. #15 1flyfisher, May 6, 2015
    If you are not that impressed with the MFLB do not buy the PA. It will make the MFLB better but you are still stuck with an MFLB and now you have sunk even more money into something that you don't really like or isn't what you need or right for you. I went this route and ended up buying the finishing grinder so that I had the exact grind this finicky vape needs, bought another charger, bought the PA, tried to make the MFLB work for me by buying costly items to get it to work while camping in the boonies etc. CUT YOUR LOSES. I wish I had and instead put the money into another vape but I kept trying to make it work. Good Luck, vaping is expensive $$$$ trying to find the right vape.

I kinda find it a fun process.    You can always sell your old vapes over at FC.

15. LOL... taking three batteries for the day isn't that bad compared to trying to get the MFLB to work while camping in the boonies and recharging batteries in the boonies. All those vapor fan boys vape geeks at fuckcombustion went on how great the damn thing is for the outdoors and camping. Bullshit.
    ....my advice take all things pro and con about vapes with a grain of salt.

16. #18 1flyfisher, May 6, 2015
    Some people are phone geeks or tech geeks and like buying the next greatest thing, having multiple tech crap etc, spending money on tech crap, having to be the first to own the new iphone or android phone, waiting in line for them etc,,,,same for vapes. To each his own but that's not for me.

17. #19 1flyfisher, May 6, 2015
    That's the thing about vapes and vaporizing finding the right one. It can get costly but I learned my lesson with the MFLB and am patiently waiting to find the right vape without wasting more money. I don't want to be a vape geek and buy four or 5 or more of them. So far I have wasted enough hours and valuable time searching. It's been about a year since I got my first vape the MFLB and I am still searching for a good vape.
    I am looking at portable butane powered vapes, the Lotus,  Lily, Vaporgenie, Vapeman and there are a few others that might be good. If you feel batteries suck and charging batteries sucks (like I do) look into butane powered vapes, it's kinda like firing up a bowl. Tread carefully before you waste more coin though. Take your time deciding....and then GOOD LUCK lol,,,,such is the nature of vaporizing $$$$$$$$$$.

18. #20 lwien, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015

For me, one good MFLB batt fully charged provides me with about 12 hits, but if I was going to use a vape for camping, I'd go with a butane powered vape.   

With that said though, if you're going to be vaping at altitude, some igniters on butane vaporizers have a difficult time and if you're going to be using it in extremely cold conditions, batteries don't work too well.    Just some things to consider.

Edit: And yeah, I'm one of those FC geeks but what I'm not is a fanboy of any one particular vape.     I also agree not to put much weight in ANY one review but rather try to read as many different reviews as you can so you can make a proper decision.