Whats the best stuff for.... (stomach problems)

Discussion in 'General' started by Serapsis, Jan 20, 2009.

1. #1 Serapsis, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
    I don't know exactly what is wrong with mine
    Heartburn - indigestion - acid reflux....
    But, its something, and it doesn't feel good.

Its like there's pressure in my stomach from excess gas, and then when I have the need to burp its like a little gas bubble comes up slowly and doesn't quite get out and it goes back down into my stomach, and when it goes back down it feels terrible.

I've been taking tums, but they only work to some degree
    I was wondering whats the best shit to get for something like this?
    Preferably off the shelf, no prescriptions

2. Ginger, ginger and more ginger

3. Made a thread about this same thing a little while back. Prilosec got the job done for me and I think you can buy it OTC. The problem went away in my case, so maybe I don't have GERD or acid reflux after all.

4. I don't have anything to prescribe to you, but I had something similar as a kid and it ended up being gastritis, which can lead to ulcers if you're not careful. I'd say just eat healthy food that isn't high in fats or sugars, both of which produce a lot of stomach acid...eat some greens and protein with some tums.

5. You been swallowing your hits?

6. If you drink coffee that might be the problem. Too much coffee that is.

7. In short supply. ]:

Once every so often.

Tea? :p

Maybe I drank to much last weekend :| lol

8. Yes also tea. Tea and coffee contains Caffeine, and if you absorb too much Caffeine, you can get a stomach ache, and especially with tea, acid burps.

Absorbing too much Caffeine over a period of time will eventually lead to diarrhea.

9. I have heard a beer can help stomach problems... I ain't no doctor though.

10. A shot of whiskey will do wonders =)

Aside from that, I like taking the Pepto pills; they seem to work pretty well for me.