what's the best soil I can get without going online?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CFLweasel, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Hello all- I was wondering if anyone could suggest a decent potting mix that I can get EASILY without driving a couple states over or ordering online. I'm currently using a cheap generic version of miracle grow soil I got at walmart. It sucks and we'll leave it at that.

I'd like to get fox farm or something similar but it's just not an option for me right now since the nearest grow/hydro shop is about a 3-5 hour drive and a couple of state borders away depending on where I go, and I don't feel like the hassle.

Anybody buy some decent stuff from agway? http://www.agway.com/ They're everywhere, and I figure it would be a good middle ground. I see they've got a good pot soil mix with perelite mixed in, and no ferts etc.

I think my problem right now is my soil medium doesn't drain well and I think it's killing my roots. I can't get any good supplies around around here! Any advice as to brands etc that can be purchased from alternative loactions year round without much hassle would be greatly appreciated. I'm kinda old school like that- NO credit card on the web BS, NO mailing address BS, just discreet friendly CASH purchases spread out here and there.

Thanks in advance...

2. I use pro-mix. It comes in 3.8 ft3 bales and is available at most hardware/hme garden supply stores stores.

3. MOST is a bit of an over statement. I live in a VERY populated area and drive 45 minutes each way for their mix.

I use their products and recommend them as well. Try this http://www.premierhort.com/eProMix/Gardening/RetailerLocator/fRetailerLocator.htm

I just checked it for the first time in 2+ years and another dealer has pop up on the list a LITTLE closer :)

4. Would either of you suggest purchasing anything from agway? Anyone ever grown with their stuff? I'm thinking about making my own mix too, but I don't know where to get the stuff I need. Perilite etc. Every soil I've found that says it has the perilite mixed in has just barely enough to notice it's in there :(

5. #5 HeMadeMeDoIt, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009

I am apparently under 10 miles from 5 different places I can buy them. But this is BC :devious:

I know nothing about agway and making your own soil isnt worth the trouble IMO

6. yeah, just go to various websites for the soil manufacturers and search for locations to buy it.

I found a shop not far from my house, and had no idea one was so close. All thanks to Fox Farms website.