Whats the best lighting I can get for cheap

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by bwitsne, Nov 10, 2010.

1. #1 bwitsne, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010
    Me and a friend are possibly going to give it a go, save money by producing own herb and not buying it, and shit. I am wanting to get as much light for as cheap as I can. I am sorta in the view that a 2000 watt system (2x 1000 watt hps) setups that include hood,light,ballast, is around 700-800. Am I right?

I am looking for lights that have hoods where I can run insulation tubing from each of them and have the heat pulled out through a output fan. Will the heat from the lights be removed from most of the grow area using the method I am doing? That wont be the only temp management. The room will have one or two exhausts as well, which should suck out heat while also getting rid of smell through a carbon filter.

This is our first grow together, he's grown before and with my year of reading and shit I know I can grow now.

Wanting to pull off a crazy first grow. :) I have the money to invest. ;)

im tired of spending 340-375 an oz, getting under the amount i was supposed to get, tired of getting shitty dro, tired of getting un properly grown bud, and most of all, bud that isn't cured right. i tend to get lots of bud here in Houston, and the first thing i do is see if the stems snap, sometimes those bitches never snap, i have had dealers sit and twist the buds and stems to break them apart, the stem wasn't dry enough to snap!!! lol

2. You're on the right track. 2x1000w kits could run you as low as about $600, but that would be a magnetic rather than digital ballast and not an air-cooled hood and such. To do it right you probably will need to spend $800-$900 including air-cooled hoods.

And yes, the air-cooled hoods have flanges for attaching vent tubing and ventilating the heat away. It will reduce but not eliminate heat from entering the grow space. You should be able to get the hood you want with the ballast+light kit you want.

G'luck.