What's the best light I could get for Veg??

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by HazePhase, Apr 13, 2017.

1. The best veg light I've used this far in regards to effectiveness per watt is the SunCloak Horizon.
    Outdoes my T-5 @ 1/4 the watts. Brighter & better, broader spectrum then Floros.
    Home

image.jpg image.jpg Mine are 16"x4' but they're made @ 2'x4' too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. So you would say this light till flower time is the best you would recommend even over LED Cobs or other lighting?
    Thank you :)

3. #4 Hybridway, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    For the $ , efficiency & coverage, yes.
    CMH's are good.
    Cobs are good.
    MH are good.
    T-5's are good.
    Most burples are good.
    I guess it all depends on how fast you want to veg & if you want an efficient veg lamp.
    I've used all of the above except the CMH & like the Horizons.
    If you want a light that vegs well & then goes right to flower, I like Amare's. But that's not how I do it due to the way I grow.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I am looking for the best quality results as possible with this post.
    It will be a veg only light as I already have one for flowering.
    Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  5. The way I used to do it for the biggest plants I could get in a 2 month time frame (vegging while I flower so they're ready to go in ASAP after chop) is a T-5 for the first month in 6" Potts, then 2, 600w MH (Hortrilux Daylight Blue) for the second month in 3 gal. Potts. Then into 7's n under the trellis in the flower room for 1-2 wks w/ x3, 1000w Mh & x2 ,600w MH. Then flower.
    So, if you want the biggest baddest plants possible you just add power w/ a good veg spectrum.
    I'm all led now & found these Horizons more then replace my T-5 & even take me right to flower. I also use a 535 w full spectrum (white, red + Blue) Burple light to for plants that are a bit behind to catch up.
    CMH & Daylight Blues MH are the veg power houses of lighting that's not led.
    A dimmable cob light would work well too.
    These Horizons are what I found to be the best for me. Took a huge chunk outta my electric bill too.