whats the best growlight money can buy

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jayjay5396, Nov 26, 2011.

1. is it HPS, MH, T5's, CFL's, LED purple or UV and UVA

i have a 400wHPS but would like to know if there's anything better i could get

2. Really depends IMO.

Is heating/cooling a concern? If so, stay away from huge HOS systems. If not, it's probably the cheapest way to get a ton of light.

I personally enjoy LED's because they make very little heat, so i barely do anything besides water/look at my plants. No messing with AC units or anything else.

I currently have two 500w Blackstar LED's which are bitchin

3. 1000 or 600 watt 240 volt HPS or MH BADASS ballast, with Ushio bulbs.
    IMHO

4. some where i have read that CFL's LED and T5's are ok but just not as good as HPS or MH bulbs i never hear about UV or UVA UV comes from the sun so i cant work out why they not popular

i thought id jump in with HPS wasnt thinking of the heat issues i was going to have but now ive got the heat issues which i dont like at all im looking for some lights that will give me a decent yeild without the heat issues

a few questions about your LED:
    what kind of yeild do you get from LED???
    what light setting would i need is it 24/0 or just 18/6 then 12/12???
    does your light use alot of electric???
    do you have a web link for your light???

5. in terms of yield i would say a 1000W HPS,
    but the LEDs from good manufacturers such as GLH produce danker bud

6. I got an off brand 1000 watt from Amazon for only $300 after S&H. It;s a great light. Air tight glass panel, 6 in flanges built in, and a switchable ballast. MH, or HPS. Also came with light hangers, and a nice timer. My recommendation to anyone who can handle the heat of a 1000 watt. Also came with 1 hps, and 1 mh bulb.

7. whats UV or UVA like are they any good

8. Use 2 600 watt hps instead of 1 1000. I also use led as a supplemental light with my 2 600

9. Yes two 600's are a lot better than one 1000 any day of the week. Thats the best. Multiple points of light rule. I like BADASS ballasts cause they are low frequency.

The 1500 watt light aint that good, bulb don't last and the heat is insane.

10. #11 Chrismittty, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
  11. this. I would say 600w HPS lights are the best. when you need more, add another light

HPS/MH ballasts are the best, using MH to veg, anf HPS to flower.

although I use HPS through my entire grow, and have amazing results

12. Here's what you wanna do, 2 600w HPS with a Plasma light in between. HPS will give you quantity, Plasma will give you quality.