Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's the best edible to start with?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PassThatPlease, Mar 5, 2013.

1. So I'm looking to cook myself up some nice edibles for the first time, and was wondering what I should start with? I've heard firecrackers are good, but was wondering what my options were and what some seasoned cookers think since I'm new to edibles.

2. You can never go wrong with brownies dude. Make them from scratch though. You'll use 3x the butter with those rather than going out and getting a box mix.

3. What sometimes me and a friend do, if we just want a quick batch is pour a little oil on a fryinig pan and let it heat at like2-3 on the knob. Then throw weed in, simmer for until it's completely black and stops releasing fumes. Then just scrape with a piece of bread and eat. It's very tasty actually.

4. Damn! That sounds gross!

If you have no experience with edibles firecrackers isn't a bad place to start. Just remember they're not the most efficient edible.

5. We're not all the same, but edibles don't do anything for me unless I have an empty stomach. Like nothing to eat for 3-4 hours beforehand. I've tried taking them with a small fatty meal, which some suggest, but I didn't get any buzz at all.

So for me anyway, it's "Empty Stomach or GTFO!"

6. Nah it aint that gross. you never had olive oil with bread?
    I think what you understood is we eat a shitload of oil. It's just like 3 teaspoons of oil and like a good .7-1g of grinded buddha.
    Just simple and quick. May not be the most effective way to extract thc, but it's relatively good.

7. I've gotten my paws on some cookbooks. Because I'm a noob at the edibles my question is let's say I make something like spaghetti sauce or meatballs or any real MEAL. Would I feel the effects as I would bakin brownies or cookies. I only ask cause I've been told by fellow stoners that meals don't share the same effects. This doesn't make sense too me and I just want a confirmation prior to wasting ingredients. Thanks and sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread..

8. Since THC is fat soluble, it only works in things which have a lot of fat. This is because the THC molecules bond to the fat molecules and then those are digested. Usually people will fully release the THC into butter or oil before using those base ingredients for cooking. It just happens to be easiest to use a lot of butter or oil in baked goods like cookies or cakes or brownies. If you're looking for a savoury recepie to use it in you could try mac and cheese with cannabutter. Just take any recepie and replace butter/oil with cannabutter/canna-oil

9. Go with the natural peanut butter...mix your ground bud up in a good portion...like a fat joint in a "peanut butter sandwichs worth" ...so a few spoonfuls...mix it up really good and put it in the oven.. 340 degrees for 15-20 mins

10. Fantastic thanks!