What's the best current T5 fixture? Sun Blaze or New Wave or Tek light?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Sweet_green, Sep 8, 2010.

1. #1 Sweet_green, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2010
    Going to be growing in a Secret Jardin DR60 2ftx2ft grow tent. I think I think want to get a 2ft 8 bulb fixture.

Trying to decide on what T5 fixture I should be getting. I've heard the Tek light is the best, but the chassis is black which I find kinda odd for a grow light. Shouldn't it be at least white like all the others? I feel like the black would absorb light, especially in a small tent like mine.

Your thoughts?

Thanks

2. sunlight supply has very high output t-5 lights. their solar flare 412 puts out 86,400 initial lumens! lists for 600 then you need to buy the bulbs in addition.

i have a hydrofarm t5 designer light. got it for around 250.00 on ebay
    40,000 lumens. 6500k bulbs included!
    had it for about a year and it works with no problems

3. Anyone got anything else to say? Interested in this as well. Leaning towards a hydrofarm 8 bulb.

I checked sunlight supply and didnt find the one soflaguy is talking about.

4. I have a hard time believing there is that much difference in lumen output between two T5 fixtures.

5. Always leap for the 4 ft versions, more lumen larger foot print, and much easier to relocate tube replacements. although more heat more power used, by far is a better lumen to watt ratio

peace
    "V"

6. ^ he said his tents only 2x2 I don't think a 4 foot will fit. I like hydrofarms lighting though I have their 4foot 8 bulb t5 and like it alot. I would recommend one of their t5's.

7. ..should that be correct, then I'd get a 4ft tent, ie, 4'x4' tent and make it fit, as the lumens just don't cut it at the 2 foot level, who wants tiny popcorn buds after all that work, you gotta make this operation worth it's while...lol

8. The 2 foot tek 4 lamp is a compact t5 with double tubes and has the same lumen output as a 4 ft 4 bulb t5. I also use the hydrofarm designer fixture w/ no problems.

9. If you need a 2 foot fixture the tek one does look really good I was checked it out on htg supply's site. I would recommend upgrading to a bigger tent and going with a 4 foot fluorescent.

10. I'm getting 2 sun blaze t5 4' grow lights with spectralux. At 6500k. My question is. Will I be only able to use this for veg?? And if I wanted to put a 600w light on there would I be a problem with these in. There already??