Whats the best, all around, Snow Shovel. From Western NY, US.

Discussion in 'General' started by nero, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Hello everyone. I decided since I hate actual people I know, but enjoy the company of strangers on a forum, I decided to ask this on here, instead of on Facebook.

It's really that time of year. Cold and heavy snowfall. Right now I have a broken up plastic basic snow shovel, and I am about to INVEST. Tomorrow,  I am going to buy my new shovel. This is great. Getting stoned, getting all warmed up with hot coffee, putting on headphones with loud rock music (or Joe Rogan Podcast), and shoveling for a good hour or so. I love this season.

In your opinion, what's the best type of snow shovel, for shoveling 2-3 feet of snow?

2. Would you look at that! 

Beast shovel.

3. Hello from Buffalo. Good luck with the snow. I'm in college so I just have to dig out my car. No driveways for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I also have the option to have my driveway plowed. I think that would be a waste of a great opportunity for a workout. Then you don't even have to go to the gym that day! It's like cheating. Just throw in some wrestling with your dog and you are set.

5. Yup, yup.. this one here ^ this one here is what you want to go with..

6. Something like this:

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416297775.794079.jpg

Note the handle, I find it makes a big difference in leverage

7. Yes that one is better.

You get those lake effect storms don't you? I heard those can dump up to 3 feet of snow overnight.

8. You gotta make sure you get a 'snow' shovel. Most of the shovels you find at your local Home Depot or the likes are mult-use shovels. That's well and good, but unnecessary if you only want to shovel snow. No sense in paying for a snow/dirt/sand/feces/gravel/cereal/compost shovel if all you're going to do with it is shovel snow. So look for a shovel that says "snow-use only."

9. I'm in WNY also, was gonna post a thread but looks like someone beat me to it haha. If I were you I'd get a snowblower if you're willing to pay the money. A shovel is nice and all but I'm already looking at a few feet of snow plus the drifts in my driveway.

10. 2nd on the snowblower. I'm from rochester. Got one a few years ago and it's the best thing in the world. Fuck shoveling

11. Should've posted a pic but I forgot.. Something massive like this is a necessity out hur ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416329028.186106.jpg

12. NO SNOWBLOWERS! It's all about the manual labor, folks. Like I said, I have 2 neighbors who offer to plow for me for free every year, but I decline.

13. Apartment living = no shoveling  :D
    When I did shovel though, I purchased one like the ones pictured above. Depending on your strength and endurance, you don't want a shovel that weighs a lot because there are days when the snow is mixed with rain and that crap can be freaking heavy.

14. #15 SkunkWoodz, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    ya'll don't know shit about snow removal, you need one of these OP

[​IMG]

for real though, I like the big scoop shovel, easier to huck the snow out of the way, better if you're not going to be pushing the snow around.
    [​IMG]

15. Something like this, get 'er done. :smoke:

[​IMG]

16. You won't be saying that after you mess your back up shoveling for hours.

17. I shovel extra. I dig holes in the summer just to fill them back up. I am very heavy into physical fitness. I don't think you could understand my mindset on this. I've never found anyone who enjoys shoveling as much as me.

18. It also seems as if it is best to  have a 2 part system. A nice heavy duty shovel with a sharp edge to unpack heavy amounts of snow. Then one of the big wide ones to actually push the snow out of the way.

19. I love it.  Californians recommending shovels.

This is what I use.
    shovel.jpg