whats some good nutes on a budget

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by wanalearn, Jul 3, 2016.

1. hey everyone hope everyone is having a great weekend ive been looking at some GH nutes and some bontinacare... could someone give me some good advice on getting some nutes ill be running 3 aero nft systems 50 gallon res.... what would i need of the gh line to get the same results as i would with bonticare...the bonticarecare full line as superstoner uses is gonna run over 200 am i looking at the same price with gh? which have you guys used? doesthe gh 3 part contain silca?

2. I mix my own nutes from 5 dry salt based chemicals and chelated micro nutes. Initial cost is high as I buy bulk (40 or 50 lb bags of each) but long term costs are WAY below store bought nutes.
    Nute manufacturers use the same base chemicals for their products but you have to pay for advertising, manufacturing, packaging, shipping, middleman, and hydro store markup.

3. Advanced nutrients ph perfect tech sensi or coni , what u outlay upfront is a little more expensive for the nutes but u don't need ph meters or ph down

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. For best results in DWC a beginner should choose their preferred one part nutrients that is mostly clear with little to no organic material. Use that and some silica until you're having success. Then you can implement additives. For my base I use CX nutrients out of Australia. Dyna grow is proven and is a cheap one part. There are some others out there too, I just cant think of them right now. Remember DWC is effective because of the means of delivery, not how much stuff you can deliver, it's how they get it. So just KISS em... keep it simple stupid... less is more. A nice and balanced diet of a base nutrient along with good pH and you are guaranteed success.

• Like Like x 1
  5. House and garden aqua flakes is another option with botanicare cal mag and dyna gro pro tekt, if you want a cheaper set of base nutes you can use cutting edge solutions it is a 3 part but cheap and easy to use.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I use Nutrafield 2 part grow and 2 part bloom. 1 gallon bottle run me about $30 each.

7. I would be interested in learn more about mixing my own. Can you provide more info. Where to buy ingredients.

8. I buy from one of two hydroponic stores near me or from a farm and feed supplier. They are packaged in 30 or 40 lb bags and cost from $30 to $180 per bag depending on the product. Only a few ounces are required for each reservoir change so they last forever
    They are:
    Calcium nitrate
    Potassium sulfate
    Potassium nitrate
    Potassium phosphate
    Magnesium sulfate
    Chelated micro nutrients
    I dissolve each one separately in a bucket of hot water and add to water in the res. There is a separate recipe for veg and bud and the percentages of each ingredient varies

9. I think floranova grow and floranova bloom from General Hydroponics are great one part nutrients for hydro. Use GH dry koolbloom the last 3 weeks. They have great micronutrient profiles. 5% calcium 2% magnesium. I bet you can get all three for a little over $50. It should last you at least 3 grows depending on how many plants you are supplying.

10. Thanks I'll have to see about sourcing the ingredients. Can you post the recipes for flower and veg. Thanks for the info.

11. Blue planet nutrients

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

12. Here are the recipes (sorta). I'm going to give the weight in grams of each ingredient I would use for veg then flower. Each ingredient has to be dissolved separately in a bucket of hot water and added to water in your res one at a time. I always add them in the same order as I was taught but I don't know if it matters (but why take chances)
    The weights I'm going to post here are what I consider as 1/2 strength for earlier growth stage. I would then increase to 3/4 or full as they age and require higher PPMs. I have 80 gallon reservoirs that I fill half way till all ingredients are added then add water till I reach the PPMs I want at that growth stage. For different size reservoirs you will have to adjust weights to suit but keep the ratios the same. The ingredients I listed above are in the proper order so I'll just use numbers 1 through 6 for amounts in grams

BUD
    1-130
    2-15
    3-30
    4-80
    5-130
    6-10

VEG
    1-90
    2-10
    3-50
    4-25
    5-85
    6-10

13. Thanks for the info, I'm gonna try this route after I use up the bottles I have.