What's so great about ROOR bongs?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by notjustinbieber, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Not trying to hate or anything, but compared to less well known but still good quality American glass piece, is it really $100+ better? I currently have a realization glass piece I got on brotherwithglass, it's an American made beaker base, it's super sturdy (been banged up pretty bad and hasn't ever cracked or anything) and it hits great. Now, I've never had the chance to hit a ROOR bong before, unfortunately. So I guess my question is does it really hit THAT much better than any other piece? I mean they don't have crazy percs or anything so I just can't see how it would hit that much better.

2. oh great another one of these threads :rolleyes:

They are a brand name known to have quality glass... that's about it...

3. Go ducks. Yeah

4. Sorry everything I found just said "well it's not a shitty chinese bong" and I didn't feel like ressurecting an old ass thread to ask a specific question when I could just start a new one for that. No need to be so harsh :rolleyes: Anyways, I obviously know that ROOR makes consistently good quality pieces. My question is if there's a noticeable difference in quality between a brand name bong like a ROOR and a more low key but still good quality piece.

5. they are made in germany i think, is that good?

6. I don't think it's any better than American glass. I'm pretty sure Toro and other really well known brands are American made

7. Just stop. Roor's a great simple glass company. They make some of the highest quality bongs in the world if not the highest. But thats about it. They dont do anything crazy diffusion wise. You're paying for the name also. They make great pieces with decent diffusion if you get their diffuser.

8. 5 years ago they were the top production brand. They were great because of the level of build precision, in other words if you went through 10 Roors they would all have the same quality. Now they are just a name and made by Sheldon black.

They are far out done by Toro.

9. IMO... They're a HQ glass company like any other, with the exception of more than likely the most ripped-off glass brand in history. Because of the market saturation and the majority were/are fakes... its just left a sour taste in peoples' mouths.

10. lol That's a really good way to put it. Anyway, yeah it's just the brand name that makes it sell so high. Not that the quality is any better than other bongs but since it's a "trusted" brand name now it has a large price. There are many other good bongs that you can buy and for a lower price but if you want a guarantee of one that works perfectly and you got some money, then go ahead and buy Roor Bongs. Worth it.

11. It will FUNCTION THE SAME
    It could or could not be of different quality, generally roor is good QUALITY but will function just the same as any other beaker/straight tube/diff downstem

12. All the name is is a quality guarantee (assuming you've bought a legitimate roor in the first place)