What's so great about bars?

Discussion in 'General' started by Murs, Sep 17, 2010.

1. I'm at college and the normal thing to do at nights is go out to a bar, everybody thinks it's so fun. I don't find it fun I just go because I don't want to seem like some social recluse who just sits in his room all day

The bars are tiny tiny tiny and everybody just crams themselves in so you can barely walk, barely get a drink, yea there are some hot girls there but call me crazy I don't find talking to girls at bars any fun at all. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but it seems for the most part it's just a bunch of guys talking to girls with nothing coming out of it (aka just talk it's rare something physical comes out of it aka sex) especially on weekdays.

Pretty much is just a lot of standing around and drinking beers. I'd rather just chill in my room blaze, drink, and watch a movie. I don't understand where the fun is at bars please help maybe my game just sucks lol.

2. idk i always wondered about that. i'm 18 i cant get into bars yet but next year i will be able to

3. It's called socializing. Alcohol helps immensely especially if you're normally a shy person. Nobody says you have to go to a bar to do it.

4. Maybe try going to a wider variety of bars. There's a lot of diverse ones around here that I can't wait to check out.

Or maybe you're just not the bar type.

5. Lol.

Was not expecting this when I read title.

6. thought this was going to be about Xanax lol

7. Bars are kind of like a good relaxing and social place to me.
    I mean you can have a small meal and a few beers, usually they have tv's with different stations on.
    They also have little gameboxes, not sure what exactly there called but you punch in your answer for random knowledge questions.
    I've played a few times, quite fun.
    Usually, if people or locals go often they meet people up there and chat, go out once and awhile, ect.
    Guess it's just soley your opinion if you like it or not.

8. ehh guess im not a bar person. Oh well.

9. :wave:

10. I enjoy the bars where you can have some drinks and chill with your friends playing pool and stuff like that. I'm not like the typical 18 year old (drinking age is 18 here) that likes to go to club type bars and dance too really loud music though. The only good thing to me about those clubs are if you want to meet girls really, but a lot of them are sluts and fake.

11. Ahaha ^This^ :devious:

But seriously, people say the same thing about partying. Some people are into it, and
    some people just don't get it. It's fun to go meet new people and have a few drinks once in awhile.

12. #12 full melt, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2010
    I have never understood the appeal of bars either and I would consider myself a heavy drinker.

The drinks are always overpriced. When bars have 2$ beers/shots night it is always the shit you can only drink if you are already wasted. I could get drunk on half the money at a house party or with a few friends.

Socializing in a bar is completely pointless. You are either talking to some guy that is so obnoxiously drunk that he is barely coherent or some bar slut that just wants to you to blow your paycheck on drinks in exchange for her blowing you. The next morning all you really gained from the whole bar experience was a wicked case of crabs and the embarrassment of going to the pharmacy to get that special comb and cream.

13. There's nothing wrong with being alone unless you're lonely.

14. I see why your avatar is a picture of Bukowski.

15. I hate bars.

Well, most bars anyway. I don't mind going to a good low-key bar and playing some pool with friends while enjoying some tasty drinks.

But I hate, hate, hate the "popular" bars around here. They're all full of obnoxious jackasses getting way too drunk and belligerent and dumb chicks trying to flaunt their cleavage to get free drinks.
    And the music fucking sucks.

I'd take sitting at home drinking by myself over most bars any day of the week. :p

16. The bar joke!? am I doing it rite?

17. This is more the problem in my eyes. Just the clientele and the atmosphere both of the bars that enjoy a lot of business. Every bar comes off as a dive bar when there's shitty popular music playing to a packed room cocky college kids mean-mugging each other and walking around all holier-than-thou. Those are the bars I've been to around here. :rolleyes:

18. Guess he just couldn't pass the bar exam?

19. Yeah, but it was only because he was partying hard the night before at the barbecue.

20. I heard he barfed on the way home and a cop seen. He bartered his way out of arrest.