Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Whats so good about filters?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kushkidchris420, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Ive never used a filter but whats the point in em?

2. less weed in your mouth, more in your lungs

3. Adds structure to the joint... If you put it in before you roll, it will most like form into a cone.

4. Those and also you can smoke it all the way down to the filter, instead of burning your hands trying to hit a roach 30 times to not waste your weed

5. Theres no worse feeling after taking a huge hit then coughing it out to fast because a giant piece of ash lodges itself in your lungs.

6. I can't believe some people don't use these in America. If someone tried to roll a joint with no roach in the UK people would be like "wtf". It adds structure and makes the joint easier to hold, it rolls and cones easier when you're rolling it and you can actually smoke the entire thing comfortably without wasting weed or the end getting soggy or burning your fingers. Just so much better. I can't imagine trying to smoke a joint without roaching it.

7. My group doesnt use filters. At the end of the joint it separates men from the kids. If you still wanna hit it your fingers are gonna burn lol

8. It's like a person without a skeleton...

9. The real question is, why would you want to make your joints harder to smoke?

10. thats wen i call in my trusty roach clip

11. Yea.. and we used to seperate the men from the boys but seeing who can ghost through the most heads on a L ride.. driver included.

Exactly. Praise Jesus.

At this point in time, those who say tips/roaches/filters are for amateurs, or they dont actually help anything are in just trying to be a tough guy

On one side you have a guy who is trying to prove that they can roll an equally good joint without a tip. It takes some more finesse and time to roll a equally aesthetically pleasing j without a filter. Furthermore, it take more time and finesse to roll and functional j with the right amount of airflow etc.

On the other side we have a guy that keeps some tips on hand ready to go, drops the herb in the paper and has a actual, non collapsing anchor for their thumb, resulting in a straight edge, without crinkles or ugly shit all over it. Resulting in a j you can walk down the street and have it look like your actually smoking a cig. no worry about burning those manly macho fingers.

So.. whos the bigger man? the guy who works 2x as hard to get maybe the same product. Or the guy that is efficent at what he does?

12. You only really need a filter if you can't get your ends to roll tightly. Although I guess ya, you can smoke more of the joint, but I toss my roaches after a certain point anyways just from the annoyance of smoking a tiny ass roach.

Also, to the guy above me, it takes about 15-20s to roll a joint after dropping the weed in it, it takes me more time to tear out and roll up a little piece of card (if I decide to use a filter, I don't have actual filters). I really don't think it saves that much time tbh.

13. [quote name='"liner"']
    So.. whos the bigger man? the guy who works 2x as hard to get maybe the same product. Or the guy that is efficent at what he does?[/quote]

This post is to remind me to +rep you when I get home :p

14. I always get shit for using filters but it just makes it easier to hold like a cigarette, and it looks nicer. A nice G with a filter looks like a legitimate boag, no to mention its easier to smoke...
    You might get a few loose pieces of bud if you use a grinder, but other than that, there is no reason to not use a filter......

15. joints get easier to roll... especially cones

16. [quote name='"bostonganja"']

thats wen i call in my trusty roach clip[/quote]

Hell yeah. Never seen me get burnt :)

17. Where can I find filters at?

18. Where I live most people use bus transfers ahaha. Just go to your local headshop and get the OCB filter tips for like $1.50 they work so well.

19. Hardly smoke joints but when I do a filter in necessary. I've got a lot of facial hair and lighting that shit close up I usually sizzle some of it

20. [quote name='"greenbrad420"']Hardly smoke joints but when I do a filter in necessary. I've got a lot of facial hair and lighting that shit close up I usually sizzle some of it[/quote]

Word, I burned half my eyebrow off lighting a joint one day -_-