Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's so bad about smoking resin?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Fat Hits, Jan 11, 2012.

1. I scrap and keep my rez even when I have bud. Like others have said rez makes me sleepy but I still get high. I like to keep my pipes clear so scraping is only logical to me, and if I'm gonna scrape it, I'm gonna smoke it when I'm done. Sometimes I save all the rez I get And try and make a big sticky ball of it for later when I em out. Makes me cough but oh we'll!

2. #22 GBG, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
    That's his opinion of smoking resin. If he doesn't like smoking resin, then who cares?? How does it affect you at ALL?

Don't try and change their opinions.. as you said- to each their own.

And I'm sorry.. but resin is nothing close to hash, in MY opinion. Have you had hash before?

3. #23 Skyed, Jan 11, 2012
    Well my little sister just took a few hits of this res ball and she says she's pretty blazed..

[​IMG]

Sources for that fact???? or gtfo

4. The only time I smoke resin is when lit weed pulls thru and ignites all that rezz. hate when that happens yo

5. #25 Stonefry, Jan 11, 2012
    haven't puffed on resin on purpose in a couple years. it's saved my life on a lot of occasions tho. its cool seeing the huge ass white cloud resin brings but i'm not down for resin from a bong, thats just too funky.

6. This makes the most sense out of this whole thread. The thing that makes me irritated is people that come here to judge people for doing something that they don't like.

7. Im not above smoking resin.

Sometimes ill hit the resin out of my hash pipe just for the hell of it. Of course, I melt a good amount of hash down on the inside of it, just for a rainy day, so its semi-resin...

But mostly, because I grow, I dont have to worry about running out of weed. And if I do, im lucky enough to have a good paying job and some savings so I dont have to worry about how im gonna buy it...

Actually my hash pipe is the only piece I own that I dont clean out on the weekly... so I really dont ever have the opportunity to smoke up resin...

8. I think you are irritated because people have a different opinion than you do.

Why does it bother you so much? I don't get that.

And for the record- Yes, I have smoked resin. Yes, I would smoke resin right now if I had any.

9. Yes, I've had both many times. Hash is far superior, however resin is still the same basic idea. That's not the point though...I don't care what their opinion is. I care when they have to spout their negative opinions on something every chance they get. I dislike judgmental or elitist people, especially on a normally peaceful board. Those people are the same ones that criticize others' choices, including what piece they use, how much they pay, how they grow, and their strain preferences. The thing is that it isn't constructive, they just want to give them shit because they have differences.

10. Well I don't know then man, that's life. Everywhere in the world people are like that about everything, not just here. Just don't listen to them is the best advice I can give you.

11. If I'm dry, I'll smoke resin over not being high.

12. Hell yeah man ill roll up fat Blunts of resin when im dry and get fucked upp but hey,thats just me.I havent been dry for a loong time tho so its all good.

13. I've smoked resin when I was absolutely dry and couldn't pick up any.

It gets you high, but it tastes like shit and makes you feel dirty. Gotta do what you gotta do, though. Nothing really wrong with it, it's like scrounging for loose change to help pay for a pizza or something.

14. I smoke resin when I'm out. It rewards me for cleaning my piece when times are tough. My method of smoking that shitty shit is to form the resin into a tight ball then roll said ball into kief creating a kief covered ball of resin. Then pretend to enjoy well dealing with the fact you just smoked resin covered kief because your poor ass can't afford bud, then your mind drifts off because it worked and your pretty fuckin' high.

15. Hash and resin are not even close to being the same thing.

16. I smoke resin when i'm out of money and dont have enough to buy more so i scrape the resin to getme high when i want too and it will last mefor a few days i can see when i get a better job i may never need to smoke it again

17. Alright check it out, here's exactly what I'm trying to say.

Resin and some types of hash look and feel similar, so it's kind of got the same textural properties to it. That being said, they are two pretty different things. Hash is concentrated, extracted THC, while resin is just the shit that stuck to the inside of your pipe after you smoked it. The way I see it, resin is just hash's retarded brother, it's what schwag is to dank, it's cannabis's pocket lint. But it's still KINDA like hash. Kinda.

18. If you were really hungry and i offered you a piece of shit with corn bits to eat. Would you take it ?

im high lol

19. Resin is a last resort. :|

20. Resin isn't all the same. There's the drier and gummier type from your pipe bowl that can be quite decent and more comparable to hash (depending on what type of bud was smoked thru it too). And then there's the wetter, gooier crap that almost wont burn without bubbling and tastes like- yuck! Leaving you with a headache or burned out buzz that isn't very pleasant. But after a few years back when I read that resin consists of broken down componds that more closely resembles plastic at the molecular level, never again for this dude.