whats so bad about pit bulls?

Discussion in 'General' started by pieman615, Jun 22, 2009.

1. well hello grasscity its 1:20 am and im very bored and don't wanna sleep

anyway i hear alot about aggresive pitbulls attacking people and shit.
    is it in their blood to just lash out on people.
    i believe its the owner that makes this happen if you treat a dog right what could possibly cause a dog to just start attacking people?

so yeah whats the dealio hahaha

2. they are very agressive dogs if you allow them to be. i have seen some crazy pitbulls that will just rip apart little dogs and animals and ive seen cool pitbulls that wont do shit unless there owners tell them too. i think its all about how you train the dog.

3. Pits just have a bad rep because they like to make annoying first posts bout their dads meat in their goerge foreman grills :smoking:

4. It really is the owner that makes the pitbull mean. :( They can be the sweetest dogs ever if you just treat them right...too bad they're mostly used in dog fighting circles for their locking jaws. ...coolest trait ever, by the way.

5. hahaha damn dude that sounds pretty awesome and scary....imagine a fucking army of pit bulls on steroids that are like put under strict conditions

6. animal curelty :( i hate mother fuckers that harm any animal

i found a dead cat once with like a bag over its head ithink it was asphyxiated or some shit

my friend fucking gota rock the size of the dead cat and threw it on the cat i was like wtf did you do man. and we all ran away because the smell of death reaked from no overexageration around a block away i nearly vomited and i can stand anything bad when it comes to smell

sorry i had to share that with you its horrible

7. throughout the history of dog breeding Pit Bulls have been perhaps the breed most frequently bred and trained for violence

the name "Pit Bull" comes from the practise of "Bull Baiting."
    bull baiting was done in a circular arena, or Pit.

A single dog, or group of dogs would be placed in this ring with a bull (often castrated, or just with its balls tied up)

and they would "fight" to the death.

the legendary stamina and tenacity of the dogs would often lead to the bull being exhausted to death

only the most athletic, bravest, smartest and most effective killers would survive

pass on their genes
    and breed.

later, they would simply be used as fighting dogs.

throughout a good portion of the 20th century they were one of the most popular dogs in america

but pet ownership, and the behavior of those pets was very different back in them days.

the reputation of the pit bull can be attributed to the historic reality of it being the most violent dog ever bred, and it's violence being over sensationalised in public opinion and media

They're perhaps the breed of dog with the greatest propensity (knack for) violence.

All of this being said, i've rubbed the belly of a few pit bulls who could pass for eighty pound rabbits with big floppy ears.

Dogs are dogs
    they live in a human world under human rules
    they are born with charistics
    but as social animals their developement and behavior as adults starts when they are puppies
    and continues throughout life.

8. Pit bulls dont have actual "Locking Jaws" as they're called.

they've got incredibly strong jaws LB for LB as they've been bred for biting [among other things]
    and of course they will instinctively clasp their jaws and simply not let go

the strength of the pit bull jaw is what's responsible for the misconception that it's structually different from the jaws of other dogs.

9. Bullies

Attached Files:

10. Ive got a pitbull. Most lovable dog I have ever had, he loves jumping on everyonw he meets and giving them a sloppy kiss.

11. because they fucking mutillate babies

12. No such thing as bad breeds, just bad owners.

Like others have said, pits just have a bad rep because they are generally the breed chosen by those who wish to fight dogs and train them to be aggressive. The reason they are picked is because they are such powerful dogs and when they are brought up to be aggressive and fight the damage they can inflict is insane and lethal, so when they do attack they do tons of damage versus a poodle or something that can be aggressive and bit but it doesn't kill you it just hurts.

I heard somewhere that there are more cases of people being bit by labs but they aren't as serious of wounds as a pitbull, so we only hear about the pit attacks. Don't know if it's true, but it makes sense because pits are such strong dogs.

A properly trained pit is such a great, lovable dog though. It's dumb that places are banning the breed, but that's what it comes to when all dumbass dog owners look to get a pitbull to make it into a fighter.

13. My grandmom owns 2 rottweilers, but I'd love to own a purebreed husky, fuck a pitbull.. ugly little bastards.

14. Their owners

/thread

15. this.

if you think about it, all dogs were wild at some point in time & had to fight for their food & dominance, so obviously it's going to be in their blood to fight if they're brought up that way, or if they're put in that situation.

2 of my friends i used to live w/ have 2 pit bulls that are brothers, and my fiancee's little brother has a pit bull. I used to think pit bulls were bad, too, but that changed once my friends got theirs. They're the best dogs in the world

16. yeah all Breeds were wild at some point, not all dogs :smoking:

17. I was going to say this but it has already been said so I'll just agree.

18. I have first hand proof that Pits are a true danger to everyone, especially cats. Here's my evidence:-

Caution: graphic content

Disgusting, right?

I'm kidding, of course. That's my dog, he's half pit, half staffordshire bull terrier and that's my cat too.

19. Their lock jaw is what makes them so dangerous, but yeah I have one cool ass dogs.

20. They can be very nice dogs, but there are also a lot of unethical breeders out there who have bred them to be vicious.

Anyone interested in one should do their homework and buy from a reputable breeder.