Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Whats Purple Dro?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Wuzb, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Is it a strain? (if so, i've never heard of it) or is it just some generic term which means you're buying purple weed?

2. #2 ReturnFire333, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014

Technically speaking it would be hydroponically grown cannabis grown in a room that was kept at a lower temperature during some point of the grow phase resulting in a purple color of the bud, not a strain name.

3. Whoever used the term purple dro is an idiot..buying weed from them will probably be a mistake.

4. #4 Wuzb, Feb 1, 2014
    I don't listen to rap. Rap is complete shit IMO, my dealer said he had some Purple Dro, and i wanted to know if that meant he had Purple Weed, or if he had a certain strain named Purple Dro.

Yeah, i know how/why weed turns Purple. That's not what i was asking.. But, i guess you still answered my question, just in a very over-complicated way lol

If your dealer says he has purple dro he has purple bud... if you know what makes purple weed and you know what (hy)droponic weed is, you should know what purple dro would be.

Down here in FL people say dro for dank weed though, which pisses alot of people on this forum off apparently.

6. I didn't know what "Dro" meant, i know what Hydroponically grown weed is, but i didn't know there was another word for it. And yeah, apparently it does lmao

Dro is just shortened slang for hydroponic

8. #8 Wuzb, Feb 1, 2014
    Why? Now that i know what Purple Dro means, it explains the weed exactly

9. haha yea the whole dro thing really seems to set blades/bladies off quickly...dunno why haha.

10. Term not strain Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Haha funny, where im from "dro" refers to the average bud between "mids" and "fire". Only have heard it used that way in Boston though, usually it means hydroponically grown

12. [quote name="scoreking81" post="19445497" timestamp="1391230984"]Haha funny, where im from "dro" refers to the average bud between "mids" and "fire". Only have heard it used that way in Boston though, usually it means hydroponically grown[/quote]Same here, I'm in Boston tooSent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. If I had to venture a guess I think it'd be because not all weed is grown hydroponically and maybe it's offensive to good soil/soilless growers? Maybe same as how kush pisses people off. Their all labels that are thrown around too much.

Personally I don't care, but whenever I've met a dealer using slang like that to sell stuff they instantly go into the used car salesman category in my book. If it's good weed why put some label on it that very well may not even be accurate? Just call it what it is and if you don't know just tell me it's well grown indoor and I'll decide if I think it's "dro/kush/fire/loud/dank/etc".

14. it does if the guy knows what he's talking about, but he could just be throwing together words to make it sound dank/therefore worth more money.

If you really think that, you're an idiot or a hick. You probably overpay for shitty mexican brick and think it's manna from heaven.

Also, whoever it was said that it's not a strain and it's just purple due to cold growing, you're also wrong. Mostly.

A true purple is indeed a strain. It should be a green plant and green stems with purple buds. This is Purple Kush. Grape Ape, Obama. If it's a total purple plant, it was grown too cold or too hot and isn't worth your time. But if it's truly purple, it's very much worth your time.

Here's some of that shitty mexican brick. And yes it's manna from heaven.

Attached Files:

• 051.PNG
      051.PNG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 054.PNG
      054.PNG
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
  17. [quote name="Renaldow" post="19447169" timestamp="1391271617"]If you really think that, you're an idiot or a hick. You probably overpay for shitty mexican brick and think it's manna from heaven.Also, whoever it was said that it's not a strain and it's just purple due to cold growing, you're also wrong. Mostly.A true purple is indeed a strain. It should be a green plant and green stems with purple buds. This is Purple Kush. Grape Ape, Obama. If it's a total purple plant, it was grown too cold or too hot and isn't worth your time. But if it's truly purple, it's very much worth your time.[/quote]Purple strains don't have to have the color purple in them..

hahahahahahahahahahaha awesome reply man.

For the posters thinking Purple's not a strain... here ya' go. I'm not a grower, but I believe all true purples come from Purple Afghani.
    http://www.leafly.com/indica/purple-afghani

Never said they did. I said Purple is a legit and tasty strain.