whats next? (pics included)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MotoX, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Hello. This is my first post and first grow as well (outdoor).

Pictured are two Blueberry plants. They have been watered often but not so much as to have over done it. I have not used any fertilizer or nutrients except regular Scotts potting soil and regular water. They are in an open spot so they are getting sunlight. I have noticed chunks taken out of some of the sun leaves like some kind of bug was eating at them but the budz look fine.

1) Judging by the pics, how much longer do you think I have til they should be cut? After they are cut are there any guides on trimming? How long should they be left to cure and in what condition?
    2) It's obviously pretty late to try and add any type of nutrients. My question though to you is what would you have used if you had a similar simple setup?
    3) I really don't know what I am doing so any tips would be helpful and appreciated.

Thank you for your time. Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. looks healthy. Read the stickies in the harvesting/processing section to find a method of trimming/drying/curing. Everyone has their own procedure.

3. 5-8 more weeks, good luck, hope you don't live somewhere that frost early

4. I checked October's forecast on weather.com -

The beginning of the month is supposed to have a low of 44 degrees and it steadily declines throughout October reaching a low of 36 degrees by the last few days of the month.

Do you think I would need to start bringing them in a garage every night after dark or do you think they will be fine? Is there anything I should look for or is it pretty much just if it drops below 32 degrees im screwed type of thing?

Appreciate the replies!

5. id take them in and grow em indoors:D

6. is it worth feeding them any fox farm product at this point or would that not be a good idea?

7. Here are pics from tonight.

I am still questioning an early harvest. I am not impatient, but fear they won't make it with the weather we have been having lately... hard rain/winds with no sun. Its going to be like this for at least the next week or so. It is also getting VERY cold at night.

How are they looking? What kind of bug is that where there are chunks taken out from some of the fan leaves? They are too high for some type of animal I would think.

Since the weather isn't looking up, you don't think they would plump up anymore within the next couple weeks do you? Should I go ahead and harvest this week after they have time to dry up real good?

Thanks for all the helpful input!

Attached Files:

8. take them in now would be devastating. could double your yield i think if u let it go, but your conditions may not allow it.

9. I'm in the same boat man. Sucks right?

Here's my strategy: I am going to keep them outside but just protect as much as possible.

Tonight I bought some tall plastic stakes and also some plastic drop cloths for painting. $10 bucks total. I filled some gallon jugs with water.

My plan is, on nights that are supposed to be super cold I am going to microwave the water jugs, put them down somewhere near the base of the plant, cover up tight and hope for the best.

I think the plants are more hardy than we think. I've heard that roots freezing is the biggest issue (hence putting the warm gallon containers down near the roots.

Now that I think about it I might the jugs in a cooler and see if that helps disperse the heat a bit more slowly.

Anyway, the I'm in this situation too and the hard part is knowing that harvesting early is the worst thing to do in terms of potency and yield.

So I'm going to gamble, and do what I can to protect these sluts until I see huge buds and amber trichs. Fuck the early harvest. Live on the edge.

My biggest lesson for next time is to grow a strain that doesnt take fucking 15 years to finish flowering.