Whats my problem?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 864Blazen, Aug 13, 2012.

1. My strawberry cough plant is about 8 weeks into flowering and my smell is almost kind of like a skunk smell but not really like skunky weed....idk why but I'm thinking there is something wrong with my plant....has anyone every run into a similar problem? If so What can I do to fix this?

2. So your problem is that you don't think your weed smells like it should?

3. ive had a sc plant that was a genetic hermie, smelled like how you are describing except it had a wierd funk smell. it tasted terrible and i ended up noticing the opened male stamen after i cut it down. it didnt have any pollen sacks just single male stamen hanging out in random places all over the bud. ended up killing off all clones and made what i had into hash. look for really bright green bananas hiding in your bud. you may notice a lot of brown pistils around them also if theyve been pollinated.

ive also come across 1 other person that found the same exact problem, same smell, terrible taste, and found male stamen hiding in the buds. they are pretty hard to notice. ive also read a thread of someone saying they had a lack of smell from it.. im thinking lots of people are getting bad genetics from dutch passions sc.

heres a pic of a plant that got nute burn from me being lazy, and ended up finding a male stamen on it. in this case it was stress that caused it and the bud still smelled fine, but with the sc it was a genetic hermie and all clones did the same thing no matter how nice i was to it.
    look for these...
    [​IMG]

4. [quote name='"ohspyro89"']So your problem is that you don't think your weed smells like it should?[/quote]

Yes my other plants have been plenty pungent by this time in flower

5. [quote name='"Panda85"']ive had a sc plant that was a genetic hermie, smelled like how you are describing except it had a wierd funk smell. it tasted terrible and i ended up noticing the opened male stamen after i cut it down. it didnt have any pollen sacks just single male stamen hanging out in random places all over the bud. ended up killing off all clones and made what i had into hash. look for really bright green bananas hiding in your bud. you may notice a lot of brown pistils around them also if theyve been pollinated.

ive also come across 1 other person that found the same exact problem, same smell, terrible taste, and found male stamen hiding in the buds. they are pretty hard to notice. ive also read a thread of someone saying they had a lack of smell from it.. im thinking lots of people are getting bad genetics from dutch passions sc.

heres a pic of a plant that got nute burn from me being lazy, and ended up finding a male stamen on it. in this case it was stress that caused it and the bud still smelled fine, but with the sc it was a genetic hermie and all clones did the same thing no matter how nice i was to it.
    look for these...
    [/quote]

Thanks man.....but I haven't seen one of those yet.....how later into flower were u when they started to appear?

6. about week 5 i noticed on clones that i was growing from the same plant. noticed a slight change in smell around then also, then it just started smelling pretty crappy and had very low resign production also. they can hide pretty well and blend in and look like a new leaf, or some can be hidden inside pretty well. might not be the case and just be not the greatest phenotype also..

7. [quote name='"Panda85"']about week 5 i noticed on clones that i was growing from the same plant. noticed a slight change in smell around then also, then it just started smelling pretty crappy and had very low resign production also. they can hide pretty well and blend in and look like a new leaf, or some can be hidden inside pretty well. might not be the case and just be not the greatest phenotype also..[/quote]

Good news....I just found out from my buddy (the breeder of the seed I'm growing) I misunderstood him the plant is a strawberry cough plant crossed with sour diesel which if I go by What he says then the smell is right where it should be..... He said sour d was like three different strains of skunk crossed so that's why I am getting a burnt rubber type of smell

8. Yeah I've had random male male bits in some bits of my grows, rarely, but yes it's like smoking a seed without the pop

9. [quote name='"Rastapaul72"']Yeah I've had random male male bits in some bits of my grows, rarely, but yes it's like smoking a seed without the pop[/quote]

What?

10. sour d doesnt smell like burned rubber... how did he breed them? male with a female or did he just find some seeds in it? or did he make feminized seeds? i mean it could be just a strange smelling pheno, but sour d smells like lemony diesel that is very pungent to the nostrils. id check the plant everywhere until it finishes. have any pics??

its hard to describe the smell of that sc hermie that i had, but it smelled slightly skunky at first, then just got worse and worse. a friend said it smelled and tasted like a burned pot roast with burned carrots...super funky weird nasty shit lol. ive had a blueberry plant from dutch passion also do the same thing, and noticed the same smell on a clone a friend gave me...all turned out with the same results. shit genetics.

11. [quote name='"Panda85"']sour d doesnt smell like burned rubber... how did he breed them? male with a female or did he just find some seeds in it? or did he make feminized seeds? i mean it could be just a strange smelling pheno, but sour d smells like lemony diesel that is very pungent to the nostrils. id check the plant everywhere until it finishes. have any pics??

its hard to describe the smell of that sc hermie that i had, but it smelled slightly skunky at first, then just got worse and worse. a friend said it smelled and tasted like a burned pot roast with burned carrots...super funky weird nasty shit lol. ive had a blueberry plant from dutch passion also do the same thing, and noticed the same smell on a clone a friend gave me...all turned out with the same results. shit genetics.[/quote]

Yea he actually breed them....he feminized the seeds....I believe that he said he used a female cough and a male sour d

12. feminized seeds with a male/female cross? only way to get feminized seeds is to force a female to produce pollen and pollinate another female. id get more info on exactly how he bred those seeds to get a better understanding of the genetics you are growing.. if it were a hermie he crossed with a female you are probably going to see some hermies. lots of people mistake crossing a hermie with a female to be creating feminized seeds, which in a sense they are feminized but will most likely carry hermie characteristics in some or most of the seeds depending on how the plant hermied out. idk if that is the case or not but its possible. just throwing out ideas, but im leaning towards bad genetics or a hermie.

13. [quote name='"Panda85"']feminized seeds with a male/female cross? only way to get feminized seeds is to force a female to produce pollen and pollinate another female. id get more info on exactly how he bred those seeds to get a better understanding of the genetics you are growing.. if it were a hermie he crossed with a female you are probably going to see some hermies. lots of people mistake crossing a hermie with a female to be creating feminized seeds, which in a sense they are feminized but will most likely carry hermie characteristics in some or most of the seeds depending on how the plant hermied out. idk if that is the case or not but its possible. just throwing out ideas, but im leaning towards bad genetics or a hermie.[/quote]

Yea I talked to gonna again....the seeds are not feminized they are just regular seeds that he used a male from a sour d plant and a female cough plant to cross breed and to make these genetics

14. [quote name='"Panda85"']feminized seeds with a male/female cross? only way to get feminized seeds is to force a female to produce pollen and pollinate another female. id get more info on exactly how he bred those seeds to get a better understanding of the genetics you are growing.. if it were a hermie he crossed with a female you are probably going to see some hermies. lots of people mistake crossing a hermie with a female to be creating feminized seeds, which in a sense they are feminized but will most likely carry hermie characteristics in some or most of the seeds depending on how the plant hermied out. idk if that is the case or not but its possible. just throwing out ideas, but im leaning towards bad genetics or a hermie.[/quote]

See anything I should b worried about?

Attached Files:

15. What light are you using? They look small to me, looks like a yield of 1-1.5 oz dry.

16. [quote name='"nucleo"']What light are you using? They look small to me, looks like a yield of 1-1.5 oz dry.[/quote]

400 Watt hospital.... That's one plant.....she has 6 colas on her......I included a better Ariel view of her but the pic is about 2 weeks old

Attached Files:

17. Wow! Sorry i just cannot believe how small they grow in soil. Might want to switch to Hydro.

18. [quote name='"nucleo"']Wow! Sorry i just cannot believe how small they grow in soil. Might want to switch to Hydro.[/quote]

Don't have the time or the money to do that yet.....Alistair this was sort of an experiment because I went 12/12 from sprout

19. what week are they at?