What's happening with my plant? with picture!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ganjablower, Mar 17, 2011.

1. This has only happened since yesterday, where the leaves were perked up, and happy looking.

I was growing for a while with an old tungsten light that i found in my basement until i bought an actual grow light, and the plant actually grew very nicely.
    Yesterday, I set up my 250 Watt MH kit, and now they're drooping after going under the light.
    The light is actually quite cool, temperature wise. It is about 71 degrees at the top of the plant, which is currently about 8 inches from the light. I have done a small LST job on the plant as well.
    The pH is running about 6.3
    Feed every third time watering, I use a MG 8-7-6 fertilizer.
    I was either thinking it would be stressed, the light could just be too close for the plant to handle, or the room I'm growing in is too cool.

Attached Files:

2. MG ferts are too caustic for weed, and they
    load up the plant with too much Nitrogen (N).
    That is the reason for the very dark green leaves.
    It is also starting to burn new growth.

U must act fast, so pick one of the following:

a. Flush the soil well to remove the overload of nutes; or

b. Get new soil and replant.

Whatever choice u make, ensure that when u start to feed again (after about a week),
    u start off with at least a quarter of the recommended dose.

Good luck

Freak
    :smoke:

3. freak, your word is law :D

seriously, how long are you growing, if I might ask?

4. This is just my first grow. Complete newb :p

I did a flush and transplanted last night. I have to work 10-7 today so I unfortunately won't be able to monitor them.

5. freak when you speak they all should listen
    ever one can learn from this wise man
    keep the info coming
    thanks ink

6. You said your soil PH is about 6.3 no? Do u check the PH of ur water and nute mix too? What is it?

I understand that a PH of about 6.8 is more preferable to cannabis, however it will tolerate some fluctuation. The more off base it is the more it will affect your yield and *possibly* quality.

Something Freak said that I wondered about..... if the MG nutes are too caustic, then how comes ur PH is so damned low?

7. It is my water & nutrient ph that is 6.3.. I have no way of measuring my soil ph.

8. Well, lets see, Im 48 now, so I guess Ive been growin for
    a good 32 years.

Thanx, but all I do is try to relate my experiences that have
    worked for me in the past, and pass em along.
    My word means shit in the big scheme of things, we all have our ways.
    I just happen to luv helping people have success in growing one of
    the most noble plants on earth.

I feed off y'all too. You are all a wealth of info yourselves.

Freak

9. It also looks like your plant might be starting to burn from the light, metal halide for a 250w give it like 16inches, i use my personal measuring stick (x2) for that one lol.

10. What type of soil, MG, FFOF ???

Freak

11. #11 ganjablower, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011
    OKAY.
    It's been flushed, repotted in new soil & pot with better drainage, and have increased the distance from plant to the light to 16-17 inches.

It was looking sad earlier, but it is slowly starting to look better. Attached is a picture. Still nowhere near back to where i would like it to be.

I noticed that the tips of the shoots and internodes are turning dark purple. Is this common after something like this? How should I fix it?

It's really just an all purpose potting soil, will buy better soil after plant is finished or if this one dies. I think the bag said "Garden's Club" or something. Green bag. Can't quite remember and I'm too lazy to go to the basement. Sorry.:smoke:

Edit: The tops of the plant don't look NEAR as bright as the picture makes them.

Attached Files:

12. U will see a difference in her. Promise.

Freak

13. good to hear.
    Any explanation on how i can fix the dark purple tips of the stem? theyre coming on quite quick, moving down the branches.

14. As she gets closer to flower time,
    start givin her as much Phosphorous
    as she can handle. She will need this badly.

The purpling really is a non-issue.

Its usually caused by either cool temps, phosphorous def, or strait-up genetics.

Freak

15. #15 ganjablower, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
    One of the tops of the shoots on my plant has become soft, and is flopping over. Some of the leaves are completely wilted. Help please?

The top is basically right below the shoot to the far left (its to the right of the bottom one in this case). It has an overturned leaf above it and the stem is bending over, weak and white looking.

If this plant doesn't make it, I'll just start a new one, probably should work on improving pots and soil mix, aswell as nutrients.

Attached Files:

16. She felt that watering...good.

Now let her dry up some.
    Let her rest.

Dont water her again until the soil dries
    up so u can stick your index finger down
    to the second knuckle, and then it gets moist.

Freak

17. Ok so heres what your going to do....

Cut some of those fan leaves off, it wont really make a difference at all such your going into flowering, honestly do not feel bad chopn her down a bit, seems like your stems havn a bit of a obesity issue lol. Stop feeding it all that McDonalds ffs xD.

, but yea to give you an aproximation (thank me later), cut about 8 fan LEAVES off (4 set), THEN just like FREAKY guy said, slowly titrate that posphorus to her man she aint wanted her nitrogen anymore that shits for vegging.

18. Well, that FREAKY guys says dont cut off the leaves.
    They are still viable, and have nutes in them.
    Only remove the dead crispy ones.

Freak

19. #19 Naltron69, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
    ..bb..bb.bbuutt freakky, just some of them at least so them buds can get nice n thick n juicy, thats what fertilizer is for, bio-engineering...faak nature xD

I just think LST is your biggest friend.

20. Believe it or not, those leaves are still rich in Potassium (K)
    and have stores of micronutrients in them that can still
    be translocated to parts in need, further up the plant.

They still have viable stomata and still can photosynthesize.

Freak