What's happening to music?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by streekstruck, Feb 27, 2010.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdPz7f_U6Y8&feature=PlayList&p=7975441921DC7014&index=0&playnext=1]YouTube - T. Mills - Tik Tok (Ke Cover) [HD][/ame]

FUCK THIS MOTHERFUCKER.

This has to be the most scenster/hipster bullshit I've ever heard.

2. Making a thread about cats like this is just spreading the word about them; no offense but keep this shit to yourself.

3. There's so much going on with music lately it's ridiculous. So many different trends are happening at once and music is in the shitter. Sure, there's still good music being produced from time to time, but there's too many "musicians" trying to capitalize on these trends. Especially rap and hip hop, it's just a joke now:(.

4. I dont understand the title of this thread, whats happened to music? This is some terrible rapper nobody has ever heard of, spit over a track thats already terrible.

5. While agree there is alot of bad music out there nowadays, I think there is an equal amount of good music out there. You just gotta look! Seriously I think there has always been good and bad music.

Find that good shit son! Beleive me, it's out there waiting for you man!

:D

D o G

6. Yeah exactly, that's why the music I listen to is underground. If you like that gangsta rap and not into horrorcore or death rap look up Tech N9ne, or Brotha Lynch. Brotha Lynch has a new CD coming out soon and it looks promising.

7. This.

8. When exactly did this happen.

No offense to what appears to be the general opinion in this thread, but the state of music is fine... great even.

There are always people out there making music with no soul in it just to make money, but at the same time there are always people out there really making music because they believe in it.

I'm sure you could grab a bogus, crap song from any period of time, however they do tend to disappear quicker, which is maybe why we only know the better songs from the past.

Regardless, music is alive and well my friends.

9. Whoops, I posted before I read this post. Here is a man that has faith.

10. mainstream music has sucked since the 70s. at least they used to play sabbath on the radio. now its the same recycled garbage and illuminati pop stars.

underground music has established itself as the place to find music made by people who have a deep and serious love for music. stop listening to the radio.

11. This seems relevant.

Attached Files:

12. its funny, but i dont know how relevant it is. i mean, the whole idea of pop music, is music that you generally dont have to be skilled to make. what i mean is, for instance I am in a band. before pop music, i could not have been in a band, because i am not that good. i cant play what coltrane or other talented musicians play. thats what separates pop music from jazz, or blues, or classical. (not that you cant be skilled and still make pop music.)

i like tons of bands who picked up their instruments right before they started the band (like joy division or the ramones). because they were innovative and original, not all too talented, but they were still amazing.

13. Word. Radio is evil. Mtv is evil. Take it all the way back to elvis costellos radio radio, that song was about what was going on in the 70s with record companys and radio and it has always been going on. Majority of people are sheep and just follow the flock. They couldnt understand a dylan song so they listen to mind numbing pop, radio country and radio (club) rap.

14. Yes yes I totally agree with you. I just think it's showing that THIS is whats happening to popular music. Like, I think (can't be sure, I wasn't around that long ago) that someone like Coltrane was popular back then just like the garbage that's around today. I'm not trying to act holier than thou, believe me, I've listened to my share of bad music, I'm just saying most of the popular stuff these days is mindless junk.

15. ive had the lyrics in your signature stuck in my head all weekend, seriously, its funny that you have those exact lyrics.

16. yeah definitely. whats popular is really bad right now, society just keeps pushing the kids further and further into corruption. they blame punk rock for being corrupt, but i see punks singing songs about changing the future, making the world better, i dont hear that coming from the radio. i hear sex, and drugs, and being cool. (not that sex and drugs arent a them in music i like, but i dont think kids should listen to it).

they market that shit at the kids. my 8 year old sister thinks lady gaga and chris brown are the most wonderful people ever. there nothing i can do to stop her from listening, they listen to the radio on the bus and shit. people just accept this terrible pop glam bullshit and let their kids get all confused by whats really important in life.

17. Exactly. +Rep for you, my good sir.

EDIT: oops. I guess I already gave you +Rep. lol

18. That is funny. Jersey huh? im right next door. I guess your big into punk. I was huge into punk in middle school and high school. I listen to everything now but contribute my years of punk to getting me out of that mainstream bullshit.

19. i like much much music. theres good in every genre, but punk definitely dominates my listening. the lyrics just relate to me.

and yeah, im pretty close to DE actually, right near the CB bridge. my dad goes there for cigarettes and expensive things haha. i was supposed to see a show there the other day, but couldnt find a ride.

20. If you think that is bad, may I present.....Teen Hearts.....Enjoy...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQDLetuU3JY&feature=related]YouTube - Teen Hearts - Hands In The Air[/ame]