Whats Gonna Happen When We Run Out Of Gas?

Discussion in 'General' started by 805toda520, Sep 10, 2008.

1. #1 805toda520, Sep 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008
    Well we all know that crude reserves aren't gonna last forever.Hybrid vehicles are marketed as better for the environment but really they just use less gas and dont really address the main concern.We do not have a viable alternative for green energy.For hydrogen cars we need refilling stations on a national scale and i have yet to see one.I wonder if there'll be riots on the streets.of miami.but seriously mankind is gonna blast itself into extinction.

2. We'll all be dead by the time this happens.

3. so when do you think we're gonna run out?i hope i can at least see how bad the weather gets because of how bad we messed up the planet with global warming

4. most of the world probably will go on. think about countries that dont consume that much oil to begin with, im sure they will be ok without. besides, man lived for a long time without oil or gasoline. the only people that will panic countries where major oil consumption occurs. besides, i would kinda like to ride a horse down the road, i mean seriously who wouldnt want to do that

5. its gonna be a long ass time til we run outta gas, but when we do, most likely, hemp/marijuana will be legal. we will be farming hemp and using the oil for gas. My man henry ford made a vehical that runs on hemp and made purely outta hemp. The first diesel engine was made to run on hemp oil. We have always had a back up plan, but you can make more money off of gas

Google the Hempmobile

6. i know right. There's nothing like going down the beach at a full gallop.but yeah i mean in the U.S. We're gonna go trough some tough times

7. we'll be cursing the old men who are dead (at the time gas runs out) that said there was nothing to worry about.

8. One word: Hemp ;)

9. QFT brother. smoke a bowl, plant a seed, save the planet could be our motto

10. I pass on smoking hemp.

Smoking hemp = no high prob major headache

11. We will probably invent better fuel sources before it runs out.

12. ethanol anyone? theres lots of ways. the cars arent the big deal. if we ran out of oil tomorrow, cities running on power plants burning crude oil would be in trouble.

13. ethanol is a horrible solution.

14. hey theres ten year old cars that can run on ethanol, theres gas stations that sell ethanol and we can fucking grow it. there are worse solutions. i just mentioned it because no one else did. i still think hydrogen is gonna be the not too distant future, but we need something for power plants besides oil and coal. nuclear power is scary, and i dont think they can produce enough power hyrdrogen power for a city yet.

15. Ethanol = bad solution

It actually uses more fuel to produce than its worth..

16. There is no evidence that shows humans are directly related or responsible for this "global warming."

17. propaganda.

18. #18 notbakedenough, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2008

I hate seeing this. Nuclear has a pretty impressive track record. With the exception of two well known events where there were very serious issues: Chernobyl and Three Mile Island. Other than those two events, it has been shown that nuclear power plants are pretty damn safe. And as for the waste, theres a little thing called a giant tunnel bored deep into a mountainside where it will have 0 negative effects.

19. If we were to grow nothing but plants for ethanol across the entire US, engulfing every unused land portion we could not grow enough to meet demand right now.

Ethanol is a failure