Whats going on with these leaves?!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by budgetriders, Nov 10, 2010.

1. bubble bucket system, the first plant is about 6 weeks veg and im feeding it GrowBig, It looks like theres brown spots on the leaves almost like theyre burned and theyre curling upwards....its more on the lower leaves but its working its way up..... the second plant is about 8 weeks and growing strong but the leaves are shaped weird...i want to switch to flowering soon but i just wanted some input from the community. the temperature in the room is 70-75 F, water temps are usually around 70, Ph is at 6. Im running a 600w metal halide about 24" above the plants

Attached Files:

2. nobody has any ideas?

just want to add a little info that i noticed, the plant starts to droop around 9 pm on its 6 a.m. to Midnight light schedule, i notice in the mornings its fine and the leaves are facing upwards, but when 8 or 9 pm rolls around they start drooping

3. How are the bubbles in the bucket? I had the same problem with my grow the last cycle. I was using a ScrOG as well, So I took that off. The screen was already strating to get full, so I flipped the light anyways, and switched to bloom nutes. Once I switched the Light cycle and nutes, the problem went away. I ended up getting some major monsters from that. There is no proof that switching to flower fixed it, but from that one time, it did. So if you don't get any other input, I would tell you to go ahead and flush, and flower. It only helped for me.

4. whats the ppm and try dropping your ph a little 5.7-5.9

5. i went ahead and flushed my buckets, and switched to the HPS bulb, pH is 5.8-6.0 and room temp is at 74, ive got the water in the buckets to stay consistently at 68 too, i switched to fox farm Big Bloom and WOW these ladies made quite the recovery!

Attached Files:

6. Recovering nicely b/c of the growing root system, but something still doesnt seem right. Do you have a humidistat? I have one i got at target or walmart for like 15 bucks and it moniters temps and humidity 24/7. it will tell you over a week long period how much your humidity and temps are fluctuating. A large fluctuation in either will slow growth and imo the leaves should be pointing at about 45 degrees towards the light. That is when i know my ladies are happy, when they leaves are straight and pointed up at the light, I can tell by looking at them that i need to move the light up, or get some more air circulating or what not...rambling:smoke:

looking good but do your best to get the issues resolved before flowering, as issues like this often worsen in the later part of life for her. especially ph issues and heat issues.

7. Check out this page and look at the little mom i got going. The first pic is when i put her in the flowering room during the day, she dont like it, her leaves start to curl down. feels intimidated by the big girls. but when i put her back in her room, the pic below, just look at her. so happy pointed right up at the light. She was stunted for the first weeks of her life in a room with bad air, she is now happy again.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/699978-dr-greenthumbs-dope-2.html