Whats going on with my plants?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by iluvtorace4786, Nov 22, 2006.

1. I dont know what is going on with my plants if it nute burn lack of water or lack or M or N can anyone tell?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Could be nute burn, or Ph lockout, you will have try use a process of elimination to figure it out. Have you checked your PH and is it within normal range for your setup? What are the PPMs of your nute solution, and are they within normal limits? Probably not but have you ruled out pests?

If you're sure it isn't pests then the remedy is to flush the plants with clean PH'd water. Adjust the PH of your medium, and then slowly add nutes till you get back up to max.

You can tell by the red leaf stems that your plant is very stressed. Find the cause of that stress and your plants will reward you in kind.

3. not burn, surely not pests

you have nute def. and it looks like complete lockout, check the PH soil runoff first

4. the ph from the runoff is around 6.8.

5. thats good that eliminates PH lockout, I,d like to see a pic of the whole plant

they are nute deficient, so either fert with an even NPK value fert like 10. 10. 10.

or if you have been fertilizing recently, something is locking out the nutes, (you may need to try a flush)

give us the rest of the grow details to ferret out this problem

6. Ganj, it looks a little like nute burn. We do need him to answer what when and how much he feeds it and does the yellowing start at the bottom and moves up the plant or vice versa?

7. Ya I'm using pure blend pro grow and I was definatly using too much I had it at about 1000ppm, the yellowing starts at the bottom but there arnt any new leaves turning yellow just the ones that were already yellow. Is it a bad thing if the stems are red?

8. red stems is a sign of N P K and MG def's

9. Well the nutes that I'm using have all of those in there so why are they showing signs or def's

10. The stems can also turn purple during over fert or it can be a strain characteristic. I would kick back on the nutes for a bit and see what happens.

11. purple can be in the plant genitics, however if you saw a fairly rapid change in color to purple, that is either phosphorus not being pumped up the plant or cold temps can also induce this, it still is phosphorus not being pumped up but its the cold causing it.

as I said I see nute lockout, and now the red stems are congruent with my diagnosis.
    If you feel you over ferted your plants then I,d suggest you flush or transplant to new soil.