What's going on with my leaves on my girl?(pics)

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Subiebotz, Jan 10, 2012.

1. #1 Subiebotz, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
    What's going on, I started to notice something going on with my leaves. Please take a look and LMK what you blades think might be wrong. My girl is in 3 1/2 gallon coco coir perlite mix buckets. Also using BB's nuting with luc formula 6/9 with 2ml/cal-mag+. 2nd watering I do 3/4 luc formula with 2ml cal-mag+. Doing 5.8 ph and my tap water is 50 ppm with out nut... She is about 2 months old, midknight kush strain. Is this because of low cal? Should I up the cal-mag+ to 2 1/2ml?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Your links don't work.

3. Sorry about that its showing the pic.

4. I'm not too familiar with Lucas feeding or whatever nutrients you are using, but that does look like Ca deficiency. I'd bump the CalMag up to 5 ml/gal until it goes away.

5. I don't want to cause a lockout of other nutes. So I was going to bump it up to 3ml with each feeding. Until it goes away, I feel like 5ml a gallon might be a little to much. I don't want to burn them. I'm using BB's bacteria

6. You won't lock out other elements just from a couple feedings at 5ml. Meanwhile 3ml might not be enough, and the problem might continue to spread.

7. So do you think I should just do the nex watering with just 5ml of cal-mag+ by itself. No other nutrients?

8. No. Just mix your normal nutrient solution but with 5ml of CalMag per gallon, and have a good amount of runoff to be sure to rinse away whatever has accumulated in the coco and replace it with the new solution. I would do at least 25% or more runoff to be on the safe side.

9. Yhea, when I water I get about half the gallon back out the bottom.

10. I run 5ml cal-mag on most strains sometimes depending on strain il run 7ml

11. Yhea, even my hydro shop guy told me to bump up the cal-mag to 5ml. Becuase my water is very soft. So I'm going up little bit at a time. Last feeding I gave them 3ml, on Friday I'm going up another 1ml until I hit 5ml of cal-mag. I just wanted to ask before I go ahead of myself and f up my whole 2 month veg. What about when I swicth to 12/12 should I still be givin 5ml or go down to 2ml and add some epsogrow for mag?

12. #12 SCMC, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
    I think this is heat stress.

If it is nutritional then I would diagnose Potassium deficiency. Given the time of life (~60 days) this matches up.

What are the canopy temperatures in your grow space?

You should not require any Cal-Mag Plus. GH Micro contains a greater amount of Nitrogen, Calcium, and Magnesium, as well as other elements that Cal-Mag Plus doesn't contain. Rather than using Cal-Mag Plus you could have stepped up to a 7/9 formula for about the same alteration to the ppm levels of these micro-elements. A little extra N in there, I guess, but not enough to upset the system.

If your canopy temperatures have exceeded 80 degrees, even for a short period of time, this could be a source of your issue. Holding steady under 78 degrees all day, every day, is ideal for non-enriched atmospheres. From what I have seen, 75.6 as a low and 76.5 has a high (light and dark periods) produces the best results indoors, that's the Goldilocks Zone. If you have had some temperature fluctuations then altering your nutrient profile will only contribute to the issues. One thing at a time, you know?

If the temps have been good I still think that bumping up the Cal-Mag Plus to 5ml per gallon is not what I would be doing. Actually, I'd be running something like 4-5ml of 0-0-3 Pro-Tekt for the 30-40ppm boost to Potassium as well as the addition of Silicon to my system. I would cut out the Cal-Mag plus completely, and if I wanted more Calcium then I'd use more Micro. At this stage I'd also start pushing 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom Salts per 5 gallons of solution for the ~8ppm boost of that element (about 1/4 to 1/5th the increase of the Potassium to help maintain the ratio of these two elements).

13. I started to do 6/8 instead of 6/9. My temps don't go over 78/Day & don't go lower than 65/night. Everyone says that coco coir always holds alot of potassium. Plus remember that my tap water is almost close is never over 50ppm. On my 3'rd water I do a weak strenght luc 3/micro 4 1/2 bloom & add some other things like silica blast, supertrive, hygrozyme, aquashield and I leave out the cal-mag+.

14. my first thought was (looking at the photo) that the ph has gotten too low and is locking out the calcium AND phosphorus. wouldn't hurt to double check your meter.