Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's going on? Is my bud moldy?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by lennyjr358, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Hey guys, my last harvest is just about done curing, and everything seemed to be going pretty smooth EXCEPT that my Blue Dream has an off smell to it.

Background:
    Buds were dried for at least a week, until stems snapped.
    Buds were placed in a cvualt with a 62% boveda pack.
    cvaults were burped daily for one week, then allowed to cure for at least 3 weeks.

I grew 3 strains, and 2 out of 3 smell fantastic after curing. It's hard to describe the smell my blue dream is giving off. It's almost musty. The thing is, I see absolutely NO signs of mold, even under a microscope. When I break the buds open, all that mustiness goes away and the sweet fruity/berry smell that it produced all the way through flower dominates.

Here's a pic of one of my buds:
    20170903_095302.jpg

I'd really appreciate your guys' thoughts on this, because it is driving me nuts.

2. I had this from a shitty 10 bag i got a few weeks ago, mold type smell, had a look in the lupe and no mold. Smelt fine when broken open.

I'd love to here any answers for this too

3. Did you chop it a couple weeks early? Bud chopped too early smells terrible and can linger for weeks. What exactly is a "musty" smell? Good luck

4. I'm almost positive I didn't chop them early. I let the Blue Dream go for about 10 weeks, which is what HSO suggests. And I'm not sure how to explain the smell. just...strange. almost damp, but the blue dream was over dried if anything. Could it be the boveda packs?