What's going on in my flower tent?

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by JXAllen, Jan 10, 2019.

1. #1 JXAllen, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    I've got a few plants in my tent right now, and I just thought I'd start a new journal to keep updated on how things are going.

Zookies Mainline sprouted 13 Oct. Bag seed, was pretty sure probably "naturally feminized". I started her in a peat pot with FFHF soil. I topped her and started mainline training at around 1 month. 11 Nov I decided to switch her to coco/pearlite when transplanting to 1 gal air-pot. I broke up her root ball and rinsed most of the soil before changing medium. She took it extremely well and didn't seem to suffer any shock. Second topping went well, but a few days later while training her out, I accidentally popped off one of the mains on each side. I ended up trained out another node and re-topped. I then kept a set of side nodes to help keep her going strong. I initially planned on trimming off these, but ended up keeping them. She got her final topping around the 1st of Dec for a total of 16 tops. On the 15th of Dec I up potted her to a 4 gal air-pot in preparation for final training before flipping to flower. I'm using the middle ring from a tomato cage as a training guide. I flipped her the day after Christmas for a total veg time of 10.5 weeks. I saw her first pre-flowers around the first of the new year and I'm setting her official first day of flower as the 7th. On the 8th I gave her her last major cleanup. I took off any lower growth that was shooting out into new branches, I also decided to take out two of my mains. They were just too far behind the others and I felt that the plants energy would be better focused elsewhere. I kept two of the cut lower branches to try out monster cropping. I continue to train the mains around the ring, spacing them out as evenly as I can. This project has been a great learning experience. I hope the results are worth the time I've spent on her.

Zookies clone. I don't remember exactly when I took this clone. It was during one of the strips. I was throwing some Fruit of the Gods cuttings under 12/12 to determine their sex and decided to toss one of the zookies cuttings into some coco and see if I was right about her being....a her. I was....whew.....lol. I decided to keep the clone around because....why not?

FoG Solo cup. Sprouted on 10 Dec along with two others that turned out to be males. I flipped her to 12/12 the day after Christmas. She showed her first pre-flowers on the 6th of Jan. I've tucked the lowest fan leaves to promote the growth of the lower branches. I just took out the fans at the two nodes just below the main top. I'm hoping that will focus growth at the top and 4 side branches I have selected to prioritize.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Zookies mainline is contenuing to stretch, looking good.
    Solo FoG is in flower!

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zookies mainline is looking good! I did a major defoliation on her last night. She's budding up nicely.

FoG Solo. She's 2 feet tall in that little solo cup. Looks a bit silly really :)

I cleaned up my little mini zookies clone. She's one solid little nug.

Attached Files:

4. Zookies mainline is stacking beautifully! She's looking great!

FoG Solo is over 2 feet tall. Lower growth isn't nearly as vigorous as those grown under my HLG QBs. I've set her into an empty air-pot for stability. She's top heavy and I've already had to stand her back up once. She'd been on her side long enough for her to start bending toward the light. It wasn't too bad and she recovered with no problems, but I'd prefer not to worry about it.

Zookies clone is just doing it's thing. I think it's cute!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looking great. Main lining gets bigger yield for sure.

6. Zookies is starting to fill out. She's super frosty!! I'm really liking the look of this girl. I'm glad I took clones. Both of my monster crop clones have rooted and are looking well. They're both pushing out tons of new leaves.

FoG Solo - 26.5 in from the top of the solo cup. She's a tall one! The lower growth looks like it might be trying to catch up.

Zookies clone - Looks almost done! Still about 50/50 clear/clowdy. couple more days to a week maybe?

Attached Files:

7. I see your clones have some nutrient burn, did you clone directly into the soil? Soil maybe hot, but hey it worked lol.

8. It's actually 50/50 coco/pearlite. But, yes, I cloned directly to the medium. Aside from the CloneX gel they got at cutting, all they got was Thrive Alive B1 Red(1-1-1) for the first two weeks. Then once they had rooted I started them on 1/4 str of my nutrient solution. I think it's deficiency not burn. But I'm still getting the hang of diagnosing these things. New growth is looking healthy.

9. Zookies mainline is looking fantastic! Super frosty! Her pistils are starting to turn red!

FoG Solo - Upward growth has slowed or stopped. She should focus on filling out from here on out.

Zookies clone - Trics are around 50/50 clear/cloudy

Attached Files:

10. Zookies mainline is swelling nicely. She's nice and frosty! Pistils are around 50/50. I'm guessing she'll be done sometime around the end of the month.

FoG Solo. She's swelling nicely as well. Pistils are starting to turn red. I'm thinking she'll be done a week or two after the Zookies.

I've noticed that the top of my FoG is about as tall as my Zookies, despite the difference in pot hight. Now, this could just be a coincidence, but I think It's about where the plants get the best light. So, in theory, next time I try one of these solo cup grows, I need to raise the pot. Hopefullt that way the plant will grow to the same point, but will actually be shorter. This would also raise the lower branches, greatly improving their growth.

Zookies clone. Chopped this morning. She's drying in the closet....we'll see if she's actually worth smoking.

Zookies monster crop clones are re-vegging beautifully. As nice as the mainline is looking, these should make great mothers!

Attached Files:

11. Zookies and Fog Solo are both over 50/50 on pistils. I'm starting their flush. I'll start looking more closely at the trics in a week.

Attached Files:

12. Tric Mics on the Zookies and FoG Solo are looking great! 1-2 weeks flush and they should be done.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Trimmed up my zookies ball. 2.15g very pretty looking little nugs :)
    She started out as just a little accadental break and then into a sex confirmation clone. Finally, decided to keep her to see what she'd do. I'm pleased with my little zookies ball. And her mainlined momma will be ready to chop very soon. I should get some very nice bud from her.

Attached Files:

14. Load times for your posts must be aggravating; I routinely resize pics to speed things along. Soil based bungler here running raggedy bagseed with janky low end LEDs but things are humming along nicely atm.
    IMG_20190214_175830.jpg IMG_20190214_180638.jpg IMG_20190214_180642.jpg IMG_20190214_180645.jpg IMG_20190214_180822.jpg IMG_20190214_180831.jpg IMG_20190214_180838.jpg

15. when i post a picture i get the options, best large medium small. I usually pick small, do you think it loads them faster on small or best?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. It's chop day! Zookies, FoG Solo and Auto Skunk #1 have all been taken down and hung to dry.

Zookies mainline, 18.5 weeks(130 days) from sprout, 6 weeks of flower. I'm very pleased with how she turned out! Her buds are ROCK hard! I'm definitly glad I decided to take clones of her. As for the mainlining, I'll definitly be doing this again. I had some issues that caused my to have to veg her for a long time, but I'm sure I can improve where I fell short on this grow. I'll stop at 8 tops for one. I think that will also help with keeping all the tops even. Overall, a great learning experience. She's hanging on the left half of the tent.

FoG Solo, day 72 from sprout, 6 weeks of flower. She ended up 26.5 inches tall, from the top of the cup. She was definitely root bound, but not enough to negatively effect the grow. The most challenging part of all of this was trying to get in 3 feeds a day. I think changing the light's on/off hours to more closely mirror my own sleep patterns would make that easier.....not that it was hard...I just missed a few feedings. I hung her in the tent whole. She's in the center.

The right side of the tent is about 1/3 of the Skunk.

I'll update again once it's dried and trimmed!

Attached Files:

17. Here are a couple shots of the Zookies' structure and roots.

Attached Files:

18. FoG Solo came out to 19.16g. Not bad for a solo cup, but I know that I can do better.

Zookies Mailine ended up delivering 118.85g. I'm very pleased with how she turned out. But again, I know I can do better. With all the mistakes I made it took a total of 131 days from sprout to chop.

Attached Files:

19. Well, on to the next projects!

I took my first clones from my OG. I have 6 regular and 2 doubles. Some of these will be part of the next group I flower in the tent. The regular clones are in rockwool and the doubles are in coco/pearlite....actually.....these are my first to go into Tupur.

I also took a throw away clone and a couple of the larger stems I trimmed off while cleaning up the mom. These are going directly into 12/12 under my HLG100. They're just to double check that I do indeed have a female plant. They'll get tossed as soon as they show me what I need to see.

And finally, my monster cropped Zookies clones finally got upgraded from their Solo cups to 1gal air-pots. They're both re-vegging well. I did have a minor mishap however.... The other day, while vacuuming up water from their trays, I accidentally caught one of them with the hose. Tore up one side pretty good. But She doesn't seem to be fairing too badly, thank goodness. One of these will be a mother and the other is going into my next flower group.

Attached Files:

20. I got a pleasant surprise today! The cuttings I stuck under 12/12 are already showing pre-flowers. And it's a girl! Yay pistils!

Attached Files: