What's everyone's thoughts on cryptocurrency, and investing in said crypto?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Anonymous710, May 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Cryptocurrency and investing in it, as you can see now, is one of the most profitable ways to increase your capital.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Not "Is". "Has been". Will it "Continue to be"? Who knows.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Apparently crypto investors are unknowingly funding North Korea. :eek:

US government says $600M Axie Infinity crypto-heist was pulled by North Korea
    https://www.pcgamer.com/us-governme...inity-crypto-heist-was-pulled-by-north-korea/

The US Treasury department has added the North Korea-based hacker collective that calls itself Lazarus Group to its international sanctions list, saying the group was responsible for the big crypto-heist of Axie Infinity that made off with more than $600 million in March.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Makes me glad a I bought a bunch (well, about 15ozs) when it was below $300/oz. Even when it was less than $400/oz I was still buying it when I could.
    Silver was a shocker, last time I looked it was like $50/oz. Before that the last price I remember was like $5/oz

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You gotta really watch out with crypto. Social media influencers are using it to scam people like mad with the pump and dump scheme.
    That's why I prefer precious metals like gold. No risk and if shit goes down, gold is ALWAYS valuable. One good Carrington Event and crypto won't even exist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AABB is a gold-backed crypto that just launched their exchange and already hit a million trades on their exchange. It’s currently at 9 cents a share & will take off in the coming weeks. I own over 250,000 shares.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I am sure that many of those who have tried investing in cryptocurrencies have had positive experiences, and those who have had negative experiences will look for new ways of investing and strategies. I really wanted to find the least expensive way to be able to invest for the long term. I am currently using SingularityDAO DynaSets, which helps to solve the problem of multi-investment. I advise you to read more about this topic to better understand how this system works in DeFi. It is extremely useful info for everyone.

8. I wouldn't believe everything you read

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Lol read that a year ago.... and the year before... some say 1,000,000. Who knows.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. :lmafoe:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. #51 RobGardner, Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    I couldn’t agree with you more. Crypto is much too volatile and unpredictable. It is really hard to earn some solid money in such industry. Not long y one was waiting for BTC to hit 100k bar but now it is below 19k. No wonder if it is worth 5k dollars in half a year. I wouldn’t be surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Anyone following the FTX scandal? It's freaking nuts.

What's the over-under on jail time for Sam Bankman-Fraud?

• Like Like x 1
  13. He's an 'Elite'. He won't see jail. Maybe a 6 month stint at a low security health spa type 'Jail'. If that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. His only saving grace IMO is that his hq was in the Bahamas which might make for some jurisdictional problems, and the current fight over who regulates crypto, the SEC or CFTC. But everyone is talking about him like he's Jeffery Skillings or Bernie Madoff. :roflmao:

It's crazy how many red flags were being waved and everyone still jumped in, even massive pension funds. How did nobody do any due diligence? When I worked in the industry it was due diligence, due diligence, due diligence. Apparently that's gone out the window now :confused: Irrational exuberance took over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Apparently Michael Lewis, the guy that wrote The Big Short, Liars Poker, Moneyball and others was writing a book about SBF and was hanging out with him for the last 6 months including when it all went down. He's already selling the movie rights to Apple.

16. I have no interest in investing in commodities that are driven by market speculation rather than financial fundamentals. You can certainly make a lot of money in an investment if your timing is right (bought low sold high) but if that timing is based on speculation there is no real data driven underpinning on which to base your actions as an investor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Wow. If you understand the jargon this is crazy.