What's everyone's thoughts on cryptocurrency, and investing in said crypto?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Anonymous710, May 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. So I just got into the world of crypto and my God the possibilities of making money in the long run seem incredible... etherium is projected to hit 10k by the end of this year, 50k by 2030 if not more! So I'm thinking of putting 100$ in here and their and hopefully by 2022 I see some profits... am I smoking too much weed or is this a sound idea?

2. Dont use robin hood. I use coinbase, and i invest in cardano (ada), vechain (vet), and hydro (hydro). They are cheap stocks with potential huuuge outcomes IF they make it big. My outlook is buy low and ride the wave for a year and then sell. Have fun and be careful to not fall for the scams they have out there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I keep hearing don't use robinhood! Yet it seems the most popular, why is that? And what type of scams have you or anyone you may know fallen for?

4. So robin hood has a super small coin trade, and you cant trade coins to different wallets. As for scams if you go on facebook people will be like “hey blah blah is expected to hit $858585858 in the next year so buy now using this link!” You put your info in and next think you know, you committed a crime with a dead hooker in mexico.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Also buy into shiba right now

6. You think Shiba will surpass doge, if so why?

7. Well heres the thing. Doge just announced that doge will 100% fund a spaceX mission to the moon. I personally think in return they want a actual coin to be left on the moon. People will eat that up driving the price up. So is it a bad idea to get into doge? No, I dont think so. Will shiba surpass dodge? Who knows, but if you buy now at .000020 and it grow to say .1 or even .01 you will make a killing. But these are all a gamble, and who knows these all could be a scam.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Everything is a gamble. Look at last weeks SNL with elon musk, he called doge coin a “hustle” the price absolutely plummets! Everyone sold driving the coin super low, I kept mine and didnt panic sell. The price has since risen to where it was almost to prior that comment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. It's all a crapshoot. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Crapshoot? Like gambling? Agreed, but this is nothing like reading a man's hand.... instead of a one time play, every time I take a shit I'm watching these market prices fluctuate between thousands of dollars in matters of bowel movements! I could have had 100k with 10 k in a matter of months just by monitoring a global cash pool by the splash incoming via fat cat or skinny dog... but crypto seems to be bringing modern artillery to an otherwise cannon vs horse market.... I'm thinking "crapshoot" is outdated... I understand not to get over hyped ... but 10k to 50k in a couple of months? All I have to do is sacrifice media articles for coinbase every time i open my phone?

11. #11 519J-Roc, May 15, 2021
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
    Have been interested in it for over a year now and stupidly am just starting to buy it now.
    It sounds like a lot of hype and BS but, the numbers don’t lie.
    I wish I had of bought a lot earlier. There’s no way I’d throw my life savings at it by any means but to invest a few hundred or a few thousand doesn’t seem like a bad idea to potentially make millions.
    I feel it’s definitely a lot less risky than gambling in my opinion.
    I use crypto.com and have never had a problem with it.
    I feel like it really could be the future of currency.
    We all know that actual paper/coin money is eventually going to go digital. This may be the start and getting in at the start can pay off big.
    I know it sounds stupid, but I have “Millions” of SHIBA for less than $100.
    If that thing even hits $0.05 I’d be happy, but who knows where it could go. Don’t even get me started on DOGE.

• Like Like x 1
  12. No. there are 395 trillion she-be-in-you coins. Right now there is $7 billion in it. Doge has 70 billin in it and a total of 130 billion coins. There is $943 billion in bit, the biggest coin. that means that even if shiba hits bit's current market cap, it will only be a 134x multiplier. Which is cool but its not going to happen and even if it does, shiba will still only be worth .002412$ a coin.

• Like Like x 1
  13. What is the value in a cryptocurrency? What are you actually buying? When you buy stock you're buying a small piece of the company including their assets. Can anyone explain the underlying value securing a cryptocurrency?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Waste of money, better off saving your money up

15. Is it a waste if you make an investment, triple it, pull your original investment out, and just play with your profits?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dun dun dun, volatility is no good for any investors. I’ll let the crypto thing do it’s thang.

17. Its great for high risk investors.

18. Can’t argue with that.

19. A lot of them, like doge, are pump n dumps. If you don't mind volatility and risk there are opportunities. But it's not anything I plan to put a significant amount of money into. At this point I just buy tons of shares of some up-and-comings for pennies and hope one of them blows up.