Whats easier?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Cold Play, Feb 10, 2012.

1. This is my second grow. I was thinking about LST initially but am also looking at SCROG setups.

I think I am for-sure topping my plants but not sure about other techniques.

I am growing 4 plants in a 2.3x4x7 tent. It might get a lil tight in there, would a SCROG help for evenly making space or could LST help?

I was also looking at what is easier, LST seems really simple but bending the plant scares me.

If anyone could share their LST/SCROG expirences when they were a newbie it would be awesome! My plants are nearing the time when I can start training.

2. Sea of green is pretty straight forward and simple if you can take and keep clones alive

3. ^He wasn't asking about SOG...

ColdPlay, I think you will find LST to be easier. Both LST and scrog achieve pretty much the same thing. Scrog is a more systematic approach, but it also hampers your mobility -- a lot harder to turn plants to different angles to the light or take them out of the grow space when they are woven into a screen. Don't worry about bending the plants, they can take it.

P.S. use pipe cleaners to hold the plant down, super easy...

4. I agree with toastybiz on this one
    LST is an easier/ beginner, imo, way to control a growing plant
    The scrog can get in the way of normal things such as rotation in an enclosed area
    Thus I chose to lst one of my plants this grow
    Working out great and I can not believe how much better use of light and space it gives

I like you was a little worried about bending the plant but the key is to start early before the stem of the plant becomes a tree trunk :p