Whats causing this white texture on some leaves?(pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dmart, Mar 23, 2017.

1. #1 Dmart, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    I have 2 plants growing. Some leaves are showing signs of white looking stuff. It doesn't rub off or anything. THe stem has turned purple as well. I thought maybe a phosphorus deficiency but I transferred to a new pot with new soil and it seemed to fix the darker leaves so may not be that. Thoughts?

also the worst looking leaves have a purple tint on the edge with most white
    and fy its a little wet cuz I had water on my hands from watering and touched the leaf

2. looks like powdery mildew forming..just my 2 cents

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. ive looked at pics online and its completely different. Also wouldn't that rub off? It wont rub off. Also I have a fan going and the humidity remains bellow 50%

Here are pics of mildew

Prevention and treatment of powdery mildew on cannabis and marijuana

4. i had a powdery mildew outbreak because i let my growspace get to warm..but my stuff would not rub off..it was like permanant white chalk..i could be wrong...i hope i am...now that i look at it your plant looks like it could be missing something that it needs...the leaves look like they are turning kinda yellow to me...im not any kind of a expert...there are folks on here far more qualified than me...but i thought id at least try ..

5. everything with my plants went haywire as soon as i foiler fed them...like blam!..my plants crapped out.

6. No idea, but it is 100% not white powdery mildew.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. see far more qualified people than me..i was right

8. If this is only happening on one leaf, I wouldn't worry about it at all. If it becomes widespread, come back and we'll figure it out. As of right now it looks pretty normal.

9. They look like they need food to me. But I dont know what dirt your useing or nutes your useing. But the yellow could be over watering, or out of food.
    Thanks Dale

10. I suspect a calmag issue and maybe over watering in some way as those leaves look pretty damp though could be ph issues..... can you show us a pic of all of her? What is she in... soil or hydro? Age? Nutes given?

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Dmart, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    its 5 months in vege lol been to lazy to start flowering. over 3 feet tall in a 10 g fabric pot. In soil. I fertilized it a month ago. Uhmm...other than that idk. There are a few leaves so far that have this issue some with more white than other.

maybe I over water. I water ever 2-3 days? Is that too soon/ The soil seems to dry up quick

12. When i mist my plants in veg my water is hard enough to leave water spots after i ph it

• Like Like x 1
  13. We have very hard water I occasionally water from bathtub mostly use distilled bottles though

14. So you have a small tree......nice! Its not over watering otherwise her leaves would be quite droopy and wilty looking so thats not it. A 10 gal pot is decent for her size so she shouldn't be root bound......I suspected a calmag issue because I see a bit of yellowing and what looks like a little purple on the stem though it is in the shadow and seeing how she is 5 months old and its not spreading, its more than likely older fan leaves being exhausted as she puts on new growth.

Like others have said, just do what your doing as she seems to like it and keep an eye on her watching for spread, purpling (assuming she is a non purple pheno)...... Good luck!