Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Whats better to smoke-Bud grinded up OR broken up by hand??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SplitGenetics, Jun 6, 2011.

1. By hand. On the rare occasions I get seed in my shit, the grinder hits it, and I end up smoking it. Nasty headache. It's just so much easier to pinch of a little and stick it in my bowl.

2. I always grind my cannabis because its great having finely ground up weed to vaporize

Plus, I'm working on an ever growing kief collection (three piece grinder).

3. you get kief from a grinder? can sombody explain this to me....wand remind me why kief is good

4. Kief is the trichromes that fall off the bud while in te grinder.

5. Grinded, it burns alot smoother.

6. you never overgrind w/ a 4 pc. anyways, you kind of need a grinder for vapes.

7. kief is like pure trichromes, the crsytals of weed. And when you smoke it, you get high as fuck haha

8. Kief isn't 'like' trichomes, it is trichomes, and they are not crystals. They are the glands that produce the resin that contains most of the THC.

9. I prefer using a grinder. my hands get all sticky if i use them.

10. I use grinders for breaking apart weed for rolled items.

I use my hands when breaking apart weed for bowls.

11. In my opinion definitely ground up because u get all the resin glands that would otherwise fall off onto the floor or get stuck to your fingers and IMO I will put up with the finer ground bud (not that I have a problem with it, I actually prefer it) just for the added bonus of having a lied bowl every now and then :)

12. i always smoke out of spoons and i always use my hands, just how it is and it works fine

13. Whatever kind of bud u got,a grinder always gona make it last longer than cutting it by hand.It gives u more.IMO

14. I think if you break it up with your hand it's obviously bigger mass you you have less in your bowl so it all depends.

15. Scissors+shot glass
    :smoke:

16. I love my grinder, but really there isn't too much of a difference. It really comes down to whether you own a grinder or not...For most cases anyways.

17. I've always liked using scissors for breaking up weed. It's part of the ritual when making a joint imo

18. that is because you are getting more smoke quicker

19. i perfer grinded becouse when i crush with my hands i dont like how my bud smoke and burns but with a grinder it burns slow and taste better and my bowl last longer

20. I like to break it down by hand if i'm going to be rolling. It fills out the rillo/joint better while using less bud. Since it's fatter, it burns slower.

If i'm using glass, I prefer to grind it up.