whats better, organic or hydro?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by andy83, Nov 5, 2009.

1. hi, ive been growing hydro and am thinking about going organic, just curious about the differences. how do the yields, potency, and flowering times compare? id appreciate any input, thanks

2. The question is wrong. It's not hydro vs organic. It's organic vs chemical or hydro vs dirt. The plain truth is dirty is cheap and easy. Since you have a hydro setup already, just use organic solutions instead of nasty tasting chemicals.

According to Wikipedia, an acre of dirt should produce an average of 5-10 tons of tomatoes. A hydroponic system on the other hand should be able to deliver 180 -300 tons. However, the article goes on to say, "...hydroponic conditions (presence of fertilizer and high humidity) create an environment that stimulates salmonella growth [...] Another disadvantage is pathogens attacks including damp-off due to Verticillium wilt caused by the high moisture levels associated with hydroponics and overwatering of soil based plants."

Source: Hydroponics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. #3 toke-tacular, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
    Except for the synthetic aspect the only diffrence I would say that truly holds up in my opinion is time, meaning crops in shorter periods of time. Other then that I wouldnt go as far as to say that hydro produces "better" or more potent bud:smoking:. As stated above you may want to try an organic/hydro setup, you may come up with some very nice results:p

>edit reread your post and i assumed you meant switching to soil

4. I would say organic. Because I feel way safer smoking organic than smoking chemicals that were hopefully flushed.

5. Hydro has a way faster turn around time. And also requires a quite a bit less work with gardens that house anything over 15 plants.A 99 plant grow takes a tremendous amount of soil preparation, potting, and disposal.None of which are required with hydro. I've seen Hydro gardens get clipped and put back in motion within 12 hours. Time is money.

6. Organic Hydro

7. For me to much fussing with hydro and checking and keeping PPM and PH in check.... and if you grow organic, and havent had any major pest or fungus issues, no point in disposing of your soil... it only gets better over time with amendments.