What's better for beginner to manage nute and ph?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ambient206, May 3, 2016.

1. Between fox farms OF, or coco coir? I'm in mg organic choice and have already payed the price. She's recovering from nute burn. But I need to transplant, there's only about fifty percent of the pot filled anyway and she's outgrown the volume. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. You must choose the media you will grow in, we can not do this for you.

3. We can't choose for him but we can give him some advice. :p

Personally, I use a mix of:
    32qts of Black Gold's Seedling start - This is great for root growth
    16qts of Black Gold's Earth Worm Casings
    16qts of Fox Farms Ocean Forest

Best of everything you'll ever see anyone use. At low cost too. I just buy it from my local garden store. With this mix, you wont need to feed them for the first month or longer, depending on the strain and environment.

4. Dutch Treat indoor closet. I like the root growth part of what you said. Coco seems like something for people who really understand cannabis ph and nutrient requirements.
    I asked because you guys are a wealth of knowledge and I have never grown something so finicky lol.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners

Doesn't get any easier then this. No bottled synthetic nutes you have no complete idea of what's in, no ph'ing, no ppms, no flushing, no feeding schedule. Hell bro I just eyeball measure for the most part anymore. Handful of this, shovel of that, pinch here.

6. I have some friends that use coco coir. Its good as it helps to retain moisture. I don't use it though, just an added expense.

7. It's only "finicky" because gardeners make it so. Cannabis is probably one of the easiest plants to grow.

Have you thought about organic soil? Soil you don't need to worry about pH, or nutrients and can be used over and over again?

I'm not talking about junk Miracle Grow or Hydro Store "organic" bagged soils. I'm talking about a mixture you put together yourself based on quality compost and a few basic soil amendments like kelp meal, alfalfa, neem cake. Really easy and just keep it moist with tap water.

Take a look here - Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners

And here - No-Till Gardening

It's really easy and while there is a little work up front, remember, you won't be buying nutrients or worrying about pH or flushing or any of the work associated with hydroponic gardening. You'll be able to use the mix over and over (and over) again making this a very inexpensive, very efficient but very satisfying method of gardening.

J

• Like Like x 2